Do you prefer real or fake

Christmas trees...geesh. (no offense to any other celebrations)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas trees...geesh. (no offense to any other celebrations)

• Real
    • Artificial
    • None
    • Other

Real or fake. after 13 years I am getting dragged out to cut down a tree this weekend. Last weekend of gun.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It is gonna be just great dragging a snow covered tree in the house. It will be just a matter of time before the Mrs. starts bitching about falling needles. She is a neat freak.

I swore when I actually build a new house the family room will have a closet in the corner. Inside will be a tree that is visible when the doors open and it is slid out and plugged in . On the 26th reverse the process and all done...lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, the title of the thread had me fooled.  I thought it would be about something other than Christmas trees 8) 

I am lucky that my wife is happy with anything, even one of those potted miniature trees that you just throw out after the holiday.  Some people go all out crazy with decorating.  Where do they even keep all this stuff the rest of the year??  We keep it very simple at our house.

Darn, the title of the thread had me fooled.  I thought it would be about something other than Christmas trees 8) 

I am lucky that my wife is happy with anything, even one of those potted miniature trees that you just throw out after the holiday.  Some people go all out crazy with decorating.  Where do they even keep all this stuff the rest of the year??  We keep it very simple at our house.

Hmmmm...that wan't by design...lol ;)

We had used a Fake tree for years that I bought at JB Hunter years ago . About 5 years ago , I had a woman contact me about getting rid of sme woodchucks that had burrowed onder trees on their Christmas Tree Farm . They were worried that when folks went out to cut their trees that the ground might give way and someone would get hurt . I shot 5 varmints for them and didn't see any more after going back a few times .

She asked me how much I charged for getting rid of the chucks and I said Nothing that I didn't charge for doing that . She told me to come back when I was ready to get a christmas tree and they would give me one . My wife won't let me put the JB Hunter tree up any more . The real trees run $6 per foot .

Some of the trees at the box stores are cut in September and if you stomp the base on the ground , the needles will fall out because they don't keep them watered . So , buyer beware !

Real Christmas tree or nothing for me. Sure, they are a little more work, but come on, you dont have 5 minutes to water it each day and pick up the fallen needles? I cut my own each year at the same tree farm. They charge $34.50 tax included for any type of tree, any size.

For all those that think a fake tree is better for the environment, youve got to be kidding. Im sure the pollution caused by the manufacturing processes for those trees is great for the environment. Also, when they get thrown out (and they will), they will become part of the ever growing landfill problem. Real trees are grown and replanted after they are cut, and they rot back into the soil as long as you dont throw them in with your trash.

Real Christmas tree or nothing for me. Sure, they are a little more work, but come on, you dont have 5 minutes to water it each day and pick up the fallen needles? I cut my own each year at the same tree farm. They charge $34.50 tax included for any type of tree, any size.

For all those that think a fake tree is better for the environment, youve got to be kidding. Im sure the pollution caused by the manufacturing processes for those trees is great for the environment. Also, when they get thrown out (and they will), they will become part of the ever growing landfill problem. Real trees are grown and replanted after they are cut, and they rot back into the soil as long as you dont throw them in with your trash.

What tree farm do you do to. I have one scheduled for me 45 minutes away. sure would like to get a farm closer that has good trees

Yes, I was kidding about the environment comment, hence the  :)  at the end of that statement.

Prefer real, wife and daughter allergic.  I always grumble assembling the the fake Christmas Tree with it's "Made In China" sticker that won't come off. 

Our decoration themes are Americana and hunting/outdoors so the end product always looks great.  I just miss that pine smell.

Some people go all out crazy with decorating.  Where do they even keep all this stuff the rest of the year??  We keep it very simple at our house.

I am one of those people, the guys at work call me Clark Griswold lol. I have a pile of tubs and boxes in the basement for the stuff. I do the house all up with lights outside and just roll them up and put them in the tubs. I dont do those big inflatable tacky things, and there are just a few of the white wire light up trees and deer.

Mine is getting recycled. I am cutting the limbs off the old artificial and using to break up my outline in the ladder stands

Yes, I was kidding about the environment comment, hence the  :)  at the end of that statement.

What tree farm do you do to. I have one scheduled for me 45 minutes away. sure would like to get a farm closer that has good trees

They arent close to me, on the east side of Waterloo. We always take my daughter to Bass Pro Shops for that Santas Wonderland they have, then we get the tree on the way home. Ill see if I can find the name of the farm for you if you want.

When the kids where still living with us I would always take them 'tree hunt'n'. The wife hated what we brought home 'cause they where always a 'Charlie Brown' special! A few extra branches wired into the naked spots usually made them look OK when all decorated. I'm lazy these days and have a synthetic.

Artificial is where it's at ..... lol. Most of decorations stay on the tree and for most of the year it lives under a huge plastic bag down in the basement. No muss ... No fuss ...... No potential fire hazard ..... Easy up .... Easy down.

While the kids were around the house we did the "real" tree thing and had all the ceremony of cutting down our own tree and all that crap. However, with just the two of us in the house now, we have opted for the lower cost and lower maintenance version of Christmas. Works for us.

I keep laughing at the thought of all the rough and tough hunters here wimpering at the thought of stepping on the needles but yet none of us blink an eye over standing out in the woods for hours on end and gutting a deer. haha sissy's!  ;D

I know....I would crawl bare assed through a spruce forest to get within range of a nice buck ....But I do act as though my toe has been ripped off with pliers when I step on a needle....and for the record....I act like a sissy when I have a cold too ;)