Chip's/potatoe

Dom

Slice thin and fry in canola oil until lightly browned on the edges.  Place them on paper towels to drain and cool, salt to taste or other seasoning if desired. 

For a larger batch, we use a large cast-iron skillet. The last few slices cook with the burner off.

What do you want them to be like, Dom?

If you're looking for the flavor and texture of 'factory-made' chips you're gonna need a small warehouse of chemicals and other 'special' ingredients. Otherwise, they're going to be either fried or baked potatoes. I prefer either of those over mass-produced chips anyway.

What do you want them to be like, Dom?

If you're looking for the flavor and texture of 'factory-made' chips you're gonna need a small warehouse of chemicals and other 'special' ingredients. Otherwise, they're going to be either fried or baked potatoes. I prefer either of those over mass-produced chips anyway.

I am trying for my first time in oven.all that I have done was over bake and under so far have gone trough ten pounds.Sliced thin and baked at 375 to start then tryed 325 and and even 275 they are still burnt or not cooked.

To crisp potatoes..even bakers you need to soak in water a bit...so thin slice and place in lightly saltwater...soak at least an hour...at the restaurant we soaked over night...drain paper towel dry...Heat oven to 400...line a cookie sheet with foil then put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a 1gal.Ziploc..add tator slices and THOROUGHLY shake and rub oil into slices...spread on cookie sheet and bake until done..convection works great

To crisp potatoes..even bakers you need to soak in water a bit...so thin slice and place in lightly saltwater...soak at least an hour...at the restaurant we soaked over night...drain paper towel dry...Heat oven to 400...line a cookie sheet with foil then put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a 1gal.Ziploc..add tator slices and THOROUGHLY shake and rub oil into slices...spread on cookie sheet and bake until done..convection works great

Thank's Grow I do not use salt can they just be soaked?