Local Buffalo Area Bait Shops

IAatHeart

Hey everyone I'm officially going to be moving to the Buffalo area April 9th and I'm going to want to start fishing asap so I was hoping to hear about some good local bait stores that I can get set up at and get some good advice from. So let me know what some of your favorites are in the area!

I like Big Catch on Niagara St.  I don't like Gander Mountain anywhere.

There is another bait shop on Niagara St, just north of Big Catch I have heard good things about but have never been there. 

The bait shop at the Small Boat Harbor may be changing because some of the surrounding property is under new management.

I think Niagara Outdoors in North Tonawanda has a very good reputation also.

Luck to you.................. :)

Alright sweet! I'll check them out. I've always liked helping to support smaller local businesses rather than the big chains like Gander Mountain and Cabelas plus I feel like you can get much better advice and help for someone first starting out.

Big catch has a good selection that's my go to bait shop. Niagara outdoors has a very nice selection. There's a small bait shop in Clarence on main street that sells home made musky and pike lures. Good luck

haha so true! Who wants to go spend time at a clean bait shop! 

Thanks for the help! I'll make sure to check out both Big Catch and Niagara Outdoors when I get there. Now I just need to find some good shore fishing spots to start checking out.

If your fishing lake Erie, the Catt., or 18 mile creek,  there is Dave's bait shop in Derby. Miller's bait shop in Irving if your going to the Catt. creek. and Weber's bait shop is in between on rt.5.  There is also Colver's (?) mostly for stream fishing  on rt. 5 near Big tree rd. in Hamburg.   

If your going to lk.Ontario there are shops in Wilson, Olcott, & Narby's in Oak Orchard on 18 mile creek.   You can also check out walleye.com for lk.Erie info.   &    lakeontariounited.com for Ontario info.   Good luck!

• Like 1