SCARRY SHITE

growalot

Your questions answer why there are two class action lawsuits against Ford. Yes I will drive it. I Have the luxury as it were, to avoid populatated areas and much traffic where I live and drive. Every place has a back road to get me to where I go. I am also a good driver. Even a though that scared the crud out of me..I did not panic. Now I know what to expect and will just kill the engine should it happen again. I normally drive the car just 3 x' s week.but will drive once a week after June until January.

I do have everything documented ..I will write a few letters and look into joining the law suit.

FYI in GM cars that I use to work on the resume acceleration button would do this if it gets stuck in the on position.  IF the vehicle has cruise control I would disconnect the linkage to the throttle and disable it.  With the exception of the throttle sticking, this is one of the few things that can accelerate the gas pedal. 

Can that just happen on it's own? I ask because I didn't have the cruise control on at the time...though I did hit the off button several times during this "surprise ride" just incase it some how engaged on it's own. I usually do not use it because of where I drive...Though as I mentioned I'd traveled the Exspressways a lot that week before and had used it then.

I had a 2009 Ford Escape that almost got me killed.  But not in an accident.  :D

I pulled up to a red light behind a huge, bearded, tattooed, biker looking dude in a pick up, with all sorts of killer type stickers on his windows and bumper.  Before the light turns green, the horn on the Ford suddenly starts blowing and won't stop.  The guy gives me a look in his mirror and sees me hitting my horn like mad trying to make it stop.  He gets out and starts walking my way.  Cars behind me prevent backing up.  I put both my hands up as he gets to the window and say, "The horn's possessed!".  He looks confused for a second, looks at the steering wheel and the rest of the SUV and shakes his head walking away.

I hit the horn a few more times but it's still blowing.  Pulled over and yanked the fuse to stop it.  Turns out the air bag on the steering wheel is what you push to blow the horn and hot weather causes the plastic plate on the back of it to warp and blow the horn.  Replacing the air bag is the only way to fix it.  That costs $300.

Ford ran an offer a few months later on a new truck that was a great deal with high trade in allowances for recent year used Ford SUV's and trucks.  I traded it.  They never tried blowing the horn when they looked it over and probably found the horn problem later.  I bet they thought it was an easy fix when they put a fuse back in it.

:D

Ya screwing another person down the line just isn't in our nature...we're the type of people that goes to a store in Rochester and discover we were given back too much change when we hit Lima and turn around to take it back..... so the clerk doesn't get in trouble...I'm not a religious person ...but due unto others as you'd have others do unto you is something we do live by.

Ya screwing another person down the line just isn't in our nature...we're the type of people that goes to a store in Rochester and discover we were given back too much change when we hit Lima and turn around to take it back..... so the clerk doesn't get in trouble...I'm not a religious person ...but due unto others as you'd have others do unto you is something we do live by.

That's very nice, but if you tell a perspective buyer about a problem and they buy the vehicle anyway, I believe you can sell the car with a clear conscience.