Turkey, Ticks, Mosquitoes, Garlic

Vince1

So I head out turkey hunting and the wife has rearranged all my gear to fit her purposes. Great.

Couldn’t find my thermacell or bug spray and its 4 AM, sooo tempted to wake her up.

Go in the fridge grab some garlic and pray it works.

Drive up to our hunting location and what do I see in the road… BEAUTIFUL turkey with roughly 10 inch beard, thing was HUGE jumped a stone wall and went into PRIVATE Land.

Get out the car crushed some garlic and stuff a clove in each pocket and in my underwear (yeah I know) rub some on my face and neck, my hunting budy uses permathin (which I didn’t get around to doing) and looks at me like im crazy and asks if I had any marinara sauce. But by the end of the hunt after being SWARMED by mosquitoes I mean they were like a damn fog in one place we sat he got bit once on his hand when he wasn’t wearing his gloves I had no gloves and no mask and didn’t get bit once. LOVE IT.

Though I smelled like garlic and even after a shower my wife still stayed away from me (another good use when she wants to argue) I didn’t have a tick or mosquito bite on me.

Saw a blog about how you can put it in a blender with some water and use it as a spray. Gonna give that a try next. Course we didn’t see a single turkey in the woods, which pissed me off after seeing that great turkey coming in and a flock later going home hanging out on a private lawn. A great time was had and now I know for sure the garlic works. Still cant beat a thermacell though.

• Like 1

I have the the camo case for the thermacell with the little belt clip used for attaching to a tree while on stand. I keep it clipped to the strap on my turkey vest.Its always there when I need it plus it holds extra butane cartridges and mats.

So I head out turkey hunting and the wife has rearranged all my gear to fit her purposes. Great.

Couldn’t find my thermacell or bug spray and its 4 AM, sooo tempted to wake her up.

Go in the fridge grab some garlic and pray it works.

Drive up to our hunting location and what do I see in the road… BEAUTIFUL turkey with roughly 10 inch beard, thing was HUGE jumped a stone wall and went into PRIVATE Land.

Get out the car crushed some garlic and stuff a clove in each pocket and in my underwear (yeah I know) rub some on my face and neck, my hunting budy uses permathin (which I didn’t get around to doing) and looks at me like im crazy and asks if I had any marinara sauce. But by the end of the hunt after being SWARMED by mosquitoes I mean they were like a damn fog in one place we sat he got bit once on his hand when he wasn’t wearing his gloves I had no gloves and no mask and didn’t get bit once. LOVE IT.

Though I smelled like garlic and even after a shower my wife still stayed away from me (another good use when she wants to argue) I didn’t have a tick or mosquito bite on me.

Saw a blog about how you can put it in a blender with some water and use it as a spray. Gonna give that a try next. Course we didn’t see a single turkey in the woods, which pissed me off after seeing that great turkey coming in and a flock later going home hanging out on a private lawn. A great time was had and now I know for sure the garlic works. Still cant beat a thermacell though.

Now that's dedication to a sport