Plant ID help ?!

turkeyfeathers

I'm counting on you Wooly

Sorry turkeyfeathers, plants with little red round berries and mushrooms are my weakness other than the obvious.

I see those things around here too.

Round and red I don't think is enough to go on for a good ID so I'm ok leaving them alone.

What I thought was a big patch of ginseng last year turned out to be something entirely different when I looked at things more closely.

I suppose with that philosophy, I really don't need to know the difference in varieties.

They sure add some nice color to the woods this time of year though!

• Like 1

Sorry but that first one is ginseng ...don't be fooled by the berries for many plants have similar groupings but look at those leaves...and Vinny is right on the other two .....duh, bane berry we have that all over as well...for all my complaints about  rocky soil and west wind bringing and depositing every west released balloon and lantern across the state. The wind also brought every plant species one can think of here...save lady slipper..have not found that yet,,though may be in swamp area....

The picture of the first one isn't great, and the few leaves it has are damaged, so it makes identification a little harder.  It doesn't look like ginseng to me because I only see 3 leaves coming off the branch.  Ginseng has 5.  Also Ginseng leaves have jagged edges and those leaves look smoother (albeit with the damage, it's hard to tell).

A better picture with the other vegetation moved out of the way would help.

Edited by Sogaard

The picture of the first one isn't great, and the few leaves it has as damaged, so it makes identification a little harder. It doesn't look like ginseng to me because I only see 3 leaves coming off the branch. Ginseng has 5. Also Ginseng leaves have jagged edges and those leaves look smoother (albeit with the damage, it's hard to tell).

A better picture with the other vegetation moved out of the way would help.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk