NYHUNTER92

Similarities in the G3 in the two pics doesn't mean the the same deer. It's in a dominant gene in your area.

A rough score for the second pic at most from what I can see is 120 at 4 1/2.

To enlighten the others the 1/2 year has been used for thirty years that I have been scoring racks. Before the Outdoor Channel. Never asked why, don't care either.

• Like 1

I m not serving alcoholic drinks. Age is irrelevant. Depends on the individual. This is a trophy buck for many. The question should be is this a shooter for me? And the answer is dependant on numerous factors. How much actual hunting time can you work into your family life? What is your biggest deer to date? Are you out for the venison? (hopefully your taking advantage of the does). But it could be a hunter, hunting for venison with limited time to hunt. Bottom line if they have the proper license or permits, you are entitled to that animal. Basically, if your manhood is commensurate on killing a 150 inch buck or better, reach into your wallet and book a leased hunt where shooting sub 150's incur an additional(penalty) charge.

But the most interesting post I have seen on this forum, was by Deerpassion. In response to numerous hunters voicing their opinion on bypassing a nice 8 pointer. He stated he had done some extensive amount of scouting and was aware that there were numerous buck that were better than the one he passed up, that coupled with the fact that the season was only three days old, allotted him ample time to run across one of the bigger bucks. I believe it was two days later that he took a 13 pointer with mask and a high rack. ( not exactly sure, memory sluggish after you turn 60.

If the deer is right for you, harvest it. If someone else's deer doesn't meet your standards, keep your mouth closed.

I m not serving alcoholic drinks. Age is irrelevant. Depends on the individual. This is a trophy buck for many. The question should be is this a shooter for me? And the answer is dependant on numerous factors. How much actual hunting time can you work into your family life? What is your biggest deer to date? Are you out for the venison? (hopefully your taking advantage of the does). But it could be a hunter, hunting for venison with limited time to hunt. Bottom line if they have the proper license or permits, you are entitled to that animal. Basically, if your manhood is commensurate on killing a 150 inch buck or better, reach into your wallet and book a leased hunt where shooting sub 150's incur an additional(penalty) charge.

But the most interesting post I have seen on this forum, was by Deerpassion. In response to numerous hunters voicing their opinion on bypassing a nice 8 pointer. He stated he had done some extensive amount of scouting and was aware that there were numerous buck that were better than the one he passed up, that coupled with the fact that the season was only three days old, allotted him ample time to run across one of the bigger bucks. I believe it was two days later that he took a 13 pointer with mask and a high rack. ( not exactly sure, memory sluggish after you turn 60.

If the deer is right for you, harvest it. If someone else's deer doesn't meet your standards, keep your mouth closed.

Im pretty sure Deerpassion hunts in an area included in the doe only deal for the first 2 weeks, and he just made that comment in the Live from the Stand thread a few days ago. I dont recall him shooting any bucks yet this year. I think you are mixing up members lol.

• Like 1

And no chance that deer scores 120".  Not that score matters, just stating a fact.  A trophy is all in the eyes of the shooter.

I am sure you will get 100 opinions and arguments, but if you shoot him and score him, you can come back in here and settle that argument once and for all, but I am taking the under for sure.

• Like 1