225 lb. Livingston Co. Buck Story

nyantler

How come when someone kills a nice buck there's always people like you that have to assume in some way that they must have taken it illegally?

Because unfortunately it is common these days.

Ever hear of a fellow named Noel Feather?

How about Kirt Darner?

Google is your friend if your not old enough to remember that. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz

Because unfortunately it is common these days.

Ever hear of a fellow named Noel Feather?

How about Kirt Darner?

Google is your friend if your not old enough to remember that.

The difference is those guys did something wrong... this guy hasn't. The truth is some NY hunter's have never seen a buck that big and don't believe they exist in NY... LOL Those same guys question and deny anyone else's success until they get a deer... then they plaster their deer photos everywhere like suddenly they became the worlds best hunter... it's just how some people are... the old "ya can't fix stupid thing"

• Like 2

The difference is those guys did something wrong... this guy hasn't. The truth is some NY hunter's have never seen a buck that big and don't believe they exist in NY... LOL Those same guys question and deny anyone else's success until they get a deer... then they plaster their deer photos everywhere like suddenly they became the worlds best hunter... it's just how some people are... the old "ya can't fix stupid thing"

I can promise ya there are plenty that size in that County and that part of the state. You are right on those hunters and thats because they are the first one to pull the trigger on the first spike buck they see. Then question some other of us that will only harvest the best that the species has to offer! Go Figure!

• Like 1

I'm sure many never doubted Noel or Kirt for many years.....

Because there is no reason to doubt until there is proof of wrong doing... you wouldn't like people questioning the legality of your deer without proof... still innocent 'til proven guilty in my book. There is no justification for accusing someone of something based on nothing. If someone has proof, provide it or shut up I say.

• Like 2

It's not the same buck clearly. Here's another pic to clarify of my 2014 buck.attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1449060202559.jpgattachicon.gifFB_IMG_1449060216631.jpg

Not many people can shoot deer like that every year especially in NY. On our property we are in a 3 year rotation. I have taken 130"+ deer every 3 years. Crappy part is the other 120" 8 points I see each year must not make it very long.