Wasserman Schultz orders Democrats to embrace gun control

At the Florida Democratic Party Convention, held October 30-November 1, Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz claimed, “The Florida Democratic Party is back and better than ever.” Also back, it would seem, is the national party’s misguided emphasis on gun control. Speaking at a convention event held at the Walt Disney World Yacht and Beach Club Resort, Wasserman Schultz launched into an anti-gun screed aimed at getting members of her party to more fervently pursue gun control. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Wasserman Schultz demanded, “Democrats! We must close the gun show loophole! Democrats! We must require background checks for all gun purchases!” Indulging her penchant for hyperbole, Wasserman Schultz added, “We can’t sit idly by and allow thousands and thousands of lives to be mowed down!”

Wasserman Schultz is a pathetic, corrupt ,lying despicable human being. If two minutes after making her anti gun comments, it was politically in her best interest to make pro gun statements,,,she would have. She will say ANYTHING if it is in her best interest at that moment. 

She will lie, then lie about lying, then lie about lying about lying….How she has any credibility at all amazes me!! She is at the top of the scum bag list.

Edited by ants

Biggest lying scum bag to come around in decades!! Any organization , with even an ounce of honesty, would laugh at the thought of having this lying scum represent them.. I think she even edges out Harry Reed as #1 dishonest lying scum bag on the planet!!!!  Says a lot.. 

• Like 1

Close to 90% of the American public want stronger background checks, how can one logically argue against doing everything possible to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them?

I have no problem with background checks. What I have a problem with is Politicians who pretend to address gun violence by passing laws that infringe on the rights of honest gun owners yet criminals and mentally ill people will never obey these laws.  None of these "Politicians"ever address the mental health issue, they never address inter city gang/gun violence, they never address career criminal repeat offenders, instead we get crap like our little two bit dictator telling us that we can't have more than 7 rounds in a mag, we can't have a semi rifle with a pistol grip..Pass all the background check laws you want,, until the real problems are addressed they will do nothing.

And Debbie Wasserman Shultz is a dishonest, lying scum bag who will say ANYTHING if it benefits her and her party..Did I mention she's a scum bag????   LOL!!

• Like 4

Close to 90% of the American public want stronger background checks, how can one logically argue against doing everything possible to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them?

Easy.  Democrats don't believe anyone should have them, and that's what they will use expanded background checks, with lots more reasons for denials, to do.

If you understand lying Liberal logic, it's not hard to argue with it.  Too bad 90% of Americans (which isn't a factual statistic either) are too clueless to investigate the truth and eventual goal of those who want to destroy the 2nd Amendment.

• Like 1

I have no problem with background checks. What I have a problem with is Politicians who pretend to address gun violence by passing laws that infringe on the rights of honest gun owners yet criminals and mentally ill people will never obey these laws.  None of these "Politicians"ever address the mental health issue, they never address inter city gang/gun violence, they never address career criminal repeat offenders, instead we get crap like our little two bit dictator telling us that we can't have more than 7 rounds in a mag, we can't have a semi rifle with a pistol grip..Pass all the background check laws you want,, until the real problems are addressed they will do nothing.

And Debbie Wasserman Shultz is a dishonest, lying scum bag who will say ANYTHING if it benefits her and her party..Did I mention she's a scum bag????   LOL!!

I agree with this. I do have a question...

I read a few times in different threads where people stated mental illness issues. Can someone define exactly what they mean by that?

PTSD is a mental illness, and many of the soldiers coming home suffer from it ( and other Vets who served in major wars ). It can lead to severe depression, anxiety disorders, panic attacks, and other mental problems. Maybe not all cases, but we hear and read about it in the news.

Also, ADD, OCD, and a host of other mental disorders are now common. 

So what defines in the mental illness stature? 

I agree with this. I do have a question...

I read a few times in different threads where people stated mental illness issues. Can someone define exactly what they mean by that?

PTSD is a mental illness, and many of the soldiers coming home suffer from it ( and other Vets who served in major wars ). It can lead to severe depression, anxiety disorders, panic attacks, and other mental problems. Maybe not all cases, but we hear and read about it in the news.

Also, ADD, OCD, and a host of other mental disorders are now common. 

So what defines in the mental illness stature? 

Thats the tough part.. Pretty sure that scum like Adam Lanza and the Movie theater shooter, who dresses like the Joker, and some other mass shooters gave some pretty strong clues that they were nuts before carrying out their attacks. Do you put someone with ADD or OCD in the same category? 

Thats the tough part.. Pretty sure that scum like Adam Lanza and the Movie theater shooter, who dresses like the Joker, and some other mass shooters gave some pretty strong clues that they were nuts before carrying out their attacks. Do you put someone with ADD or OCD in the same category? 

Nope. I wouldn't. But, I am not making the rules.

Though I might have a slight issue with someone suffering from bad PTSD. Extreme depression can put anyone suffering from this in a risk area/factor.

I have seen Youtube videos where some folks from the south shoot each other with rubber bullets and those bean bag things ( Sorry, do not know the tech term for them ). IMHO, those people should not be allowed to own a firearm. There's certainly something not right with people who do that. Again, I am not making the rules.

That's my point. What's the criteria for having a mental illness?

In many states, "Voluntary Commited" is reason to deny you during a background check too.

One of the big problems with most mental health denials is the person is not afforded any legal mechanism to challenge the denial and get it overruled in the future, when their circumstances change.

Edited by Mr VJP

Contrary to what the NRA has many gun owners believing, it is better to keep guns away from people with mental illnesses, whether involuntary/ voluntary committed, then to allow them to get access to a gun and then kill someone with it. Not everyone should be allowed to possess a gun. It is far better to deny someone a gun then it is to bury someone who has been killed by one. 

A voluntary entry into a clinic to deal with alcoholism, depression, divorce, financial disaster, nervous breakdown, or anything like that, isn't a mental health issue that is a threat to anyone and presents no danger to society.  But the anti-gun folks see it as a good reason to deny your 2nd Amendment rights without due process or legal recourse.

Giving the government the power to arbitrarily decide who can and cannot own a firearm, is a very dangerous thing to do.

I don't know why you believe the NRA doesn't understand this firearm issue.  They are experts in all fields of firearms ownership and are not some group of loonies.  they have the best lawyers and legal minds on their side.  If you choose to believe the anti's, who often prove they don't know which end of the gun is the dangerous end, you are taking advice and guidance from folks who not only hate gun ownership, but intend to put an end to it as well.  Why would you trust their word without thoroughly vetting it?

This statement alone is enough to allow all guns to be banned.

"It is far better to deny someone a gun then it is to bury someone who has been killed by one."

I'm starting to believe you are an anti-gun troll on this site.

The problems you write of are not grounds to be declared that one suffers from a mental illness. And I do support people's rights to due process, in this case being found to be mentally unstable to possess a gun by qualified medial professionals. Nor am I anti-gun, I do have a few of my own and I take my teen-age daughter shooting quite frequently. I am however anti-NRA. By their complete refusal to do anything to fight the never-ending death and carnage brought about by guns your NRA is the nations leading enabler of gun violence. Their logic is not only dangerous but it fuels further hatred towards them, as evidenced by the recent growth of anti-gun groups, not to mention the new-found calling for more gun control laws from the democratic candidates for president, who up against the clowns the republicans are offering will win the 2016 presidential election. As for being a troll as you can see I am not afraid of speaking my mind on the issues.  

You are completely uneducated about the NRA.  They will not allow any gun control laws to pass that will only effect law abiding gun owners, or are designed to be used against law abiding gun owners like the Trojan horse was used.

I have a real problem with people who own guns, yet believe the NRA is not on their side, or is some type of lunatic organization.  If not for the NRA, you wouldn't be able to own any guns today.  And that is a FACT!

Where do you get your NRA information?  Have you ever been an NRA member?

People who get their opinions from their enemies, are not examining both sides of the issue.  Speak your mind, but be careful what's in your mind and where it came from.

• Like 2

Mr VJP I was once a member of the NRA, as soon as they began resisting background checks I saw just how idoitic and fanatical they are and I happily let my membership lapse. The NRA in no way represents my views. As every static clearly shows," more guns" do not equal "less crime". America, with its millions of guns, a large number in the hands of those who shouldn't have them, has by far the highest number of gun crimes then any other country in the world, a fact not even the luntics in the NRA can dispute. Clearly the numbers prove that just the opposite is true, more guns in fact equal more crime. Yet the fanatics of the NRA refuse to even admit that America has a gun problem. So until the NRA can see that the country does indeed have a problem with guns and until they offer a rational solution, and there whole "good guy with a gun" spiel is not a solution, then the NRA is nothing more then a enabler of gun violence. And for these reasons this is why I am firmly against the NRA.