Single pin sights

ATbuckhunter

Ive been wanting to get the HHA optimizer for a year or 2 now, it seems ideal for 3d shooting, but im just to worried about the shots from the stand when your at full draw and the deer moves well away from the yardage your pin is set for, and not being able to let down... i guess you can practice "aiming high or low" but i do not like that idea... might try it this year..

I had the same worries but have used it for I think 3 years now and haven't had an issue with the ranges I shoot. If a deer moves from 35 to 40 or 35 to 30 it's very easy to adjust for that little bit I guess if I shot at 80 and it moved to 90 it might be a bigger deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 4 pin sight and i have noticed at times my sight line goes to the lower 3 pins which arent set to any distances. Do you recommend setting the lower 3 pins to a distance or keeping em where they are and just shoot with the top pin set to its distance?[/quote

.If they are already on the sight you have, go ahead and set them to distance. If you want a single pin sight, just get one, put it on your bow and try it out. Also most bow shops will have a single pin set up bow to try before you buy. Once I went to single pin, I never thought about going back to multi pin again.

• Like 2

I have a 4 pin sight and i have noticed at times my sight line goes to the lower 3 pins which arent set to any distances. Do you recommend setting the lower 3 pins to a distance or keeping em where they are and just shoot with the top pin set to its distance?

Remove the lower 3 pins....or set the first two for 28 and 35 or 38 yards

..clears up your problem and allows a 40+ yard shot of you practice and feel confident.

If you pins are starbrusting on you when you look thru the peep add a verifier to your peep and this will clear up the pins, and still allow for a clear target.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk