Strange entry exit wounds...

growalot

Have you have shots where the entry and exits  were just strange? For example....

One 7pt I shot...back when aluminum was what we all shot.....I hit him mid body  as he had a slight quartering away 25 yrds...he spun and ran back the way he came arrow sticking out of him...just slapping trees....I go follow blood and find half the arrow...get to him and the broad head was sticking 3 in out of his opposite leg next to his anal opening...I though Oh God what a mess this will be

1...gutted him and the arrow missed all of his intestines and guts.......I laughed out loud

2..yesterdays buck going away slight down hill angle and very slight quartering away...arrow hit 8ins. back from the shoulder on heart side and a few inches lower than mid way...I though crud I had to have at least nicked the stomach...and it exited right in his opposite arm pit.... cutting the front of his left knee....but not the upper leg? gutting him...I center punched the heart shredded lung...

Now those to me are nothing but strange.....I have thought and thought on it and can't figure it out....What are your strange shot out comes...

PS ...I shoot really long arrows 31" and now carbons

Edited by growalot

I've seen fixed blade and some mechanical tipped arrows deflect off ribs both on entry and exit to where the arrow basically turned and changed direction.  not all shot by me but witnessed.  last year I had a doe very slightly quartering too.  she was hit perfectly between and behind the "v" of front shoulder blade and leg entering on her right side. during the hit she dropped, spun toward me, and also flailed her rear end.  that caused the shot to go through both lungs but exit out her left hind quarter a little more than half way down.

i had a deer this past weekend do a kindof backup move when i grunted to stop him.Turned a lung shot at 28 yards into a neck shot that dropped him before he could go 10 feet. Cant tell you how it feels to see your lighted knock go straight up in the air somehow, and while your reaching for another arrow, the deer runs into a pine tree 5 feet in front of him and tips over

Few years back nice buck rear quartering . Made a good shot but arrow was sticking out a bit , he ran across an open field pretty far so I marked blood and came back in morning.

Found him In "the little creek bed" he crashed right there foot up on a wire fence.

Turned him over to cut around the vent, and there was the tip of my broard head !! Sticking out his rear end.... I pulled it out had about an inch of arrow on it , gutting him found a few more inches of shaft inside.

What I think happened was, nice shot through the boiler room that hit the off shoulder , running he snapped off arrow into two pieces , the head making its way to and coming out his rear end.

Entry left side ribs towards off shoulder , exit his ass.

More turns the JFK's magic bullet ! Edit I see I was beat to the magic bullet .....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

One of my first bucks with a bow quite some time ago when thunderheads were the "rage" at the time, the buck was quartering away pretty good, I shot seen the hit just behind shoulder.  The deer ran hard and crashed head first in a tree within 30 yards of the shot and laid there dead.  I got down and could not find my arrow.  Went to the deer and could find an entry wound.  Walked back on his trail to the shot, no arrow.   I thought it was quite odd, gutted him out and hung him in the garage.   When cutting him up I found about a third of my shaft and broadhead stuck in the opposite hind quarter.  The deer never turned around during the shot but yet somehow the arrow deflected inside the deer on a quartering away shot and stuck in its hind quarters.  Never could figure that one out and blamed the broadhead lol.

Edited by wdswtr