Another Addition To MY Job Description

Lawdwaz

This morning my one of the crew chiefs sent me a text.  He was on his way to the job site and a car had just corked a nice buck.....the cops and the distraught young lady were standing there looking at the damage and my guy pulls up and inquires about the final resting place of said buck.  The heat said hey buddy, it's yours if you want it!  So guess who gets to do the gutting??

The police tagged it and it was quickly transported back to the shop where I dressed t off PDQ.  Although I had a change of clothes with me I somehow did the most perfectly clean gutting job of my life!  WTH MAN?  When it's my deer I'm a bloody mess. :)

10 minutes later it was propped open and cooling.  My hands and knife were rinsed off in the quite possibly polluted ditch water and we were back to work!!

It was a darn shame because it was a VERY respectable East Amherst buck...................but at least it didn't go to waste.

image_zpsbsba7dzy.jpeg

image_zps3ahbkstk.jpeg

• Like 5

im waiting to see a deer like that in the woods come in close enough to shoot I should say. never thought about putting a stick in the cavity, thanks

After I took the picture I straightened out the crooked stick.............. :)

The stick in the chest cavity help to let the hot air out a bit faster as...............warm air rises/cold air falls.

Edited by Lawdwaz