thanksgiving 2015

Red

we didn't get a deer but today was a success. we started a stalk as soon as we got to letchworth we spread out and walked 3 wide and had a few deer on their feet right away no opportunity for any shots. while walking back to the van a truck pulls up and said ahh chance you guys lost a buck here this week

my buddy said I shit at a nice 8pt with my muzzle loader on Saturday but couldn't find any blood or anything. the guy takes us to the buck it was only a few hundred yards from my buddy's stand a single lung hit there wasn't even any blood where the deer laid.

my buddy was happy to recover his deer the meat obviously want any good but it still got a tag wrapped around its antlers.

• Like 2

Jumped some going in this morning, but that was it. Great morning to sit, and there was a little shooting on the neighboring properties. Saw some real big, real fresh tracks on the way out. Met the boys at the barn at around 1130 for an espresso and anisette then headed home. Great day..

we didn't get a deer but today was a success. we started a stalk as soon as we got to letchworth we spread out and walked 3 wide and had a few deer on their feet right away no opportunity for any shots. while walking back to the van a truck pulls up and said ahh chance you guys lost a buck here this week

my buddy said I shit at a nice 8pt with my muzzle loader on Saturday but couldn't find any blood or anything. the guy takes us to the buck it was only a few hundred yards from my buddy's stand a single lung hit there wasn't even any blood where the deer laid.

my buddy was happy to recover his deer the meat obviously want any good but it still got a tag wrapped around its antlers.

Me and my Pop sat this morning but not much activity, so my father walked a trail on a ridge between thick brier and a pond (its a mess in there) and i walked up some power lines and walked into the thick briers and swamps on the other side of my father and walked up ridge towards my father, anyways my dad had one shot chance for a huge 10 point buck i kicked out of the swamp and briers below him the buck ran up the ridge and stopped on the trail but dad never had a shot by the time he realized it was there. but good to see there's a good one in there and plenty more also lots of tree rubs in the swamps i counted 10 alone today fairly fresh too.

my buddy said I shit at a nice 8pt with my muzzle loader on Saturday but couldn't find any blood or anything.

I guess I am not keeping up with the latest deer hunting methods, but this is one that I have never heard of before. And actually, I suspect that when using this method it probably is not really all that bad when you don't find any blood.

• Like 3

I guess I am not keeping up with the latest deer hunting methods, but this is one that I have never heard of before. And actually, I suspect that when using this method it probably is not really all that bad when you don't find any blood.

It's all "load" dependent. :)

• Like 2

I guess I am not keeping up with the latest deer hunting methods, but this is one that I have never heard of before. And actually, II suspect that when using this method it probably is not really all that bad when you don't find any blood.

lol I need to stop using this swype app on my phone.

I think I can drop a small deer with my $hit after eating chili