Is it worth going back up hunting

aqua750

hello guys , on opening day  one hour in I passed on a respectable 6 point, but it being so early in the season I let him go buy.As luck would have it It was the only buck I saw,like every one else I was very surprised at the lack of shots and hunters the warm weather did not help Im sure I tried to still hunt several days, but only saw flags I dont have the still hunting skills.So with the last week end of gun approaching Im wondering If anything has changed making it worth taking the time off to go up. I also realize I wont fill my tag  at work, how many of you are wondering the same thing? I tend to think I will go,  sitting in the woods and seeing does and squirrels is still better than working I guess .Is anybody thinking the same thing? thanks in advance.

Just a question, would you have taken the six if you saw him again later in the season? I probably would. That is pretty much my personal preference, 6 or better, might pass early though.

I hunted hard up at the camp for 7 days. Well, hard for me, come in for lunch, lol. Not one buck seen.

On the 8th day, Saturday I guess, I decided I would take a doe. I decided to sleep in too. Went out at noon, shot a 7 pointer.

My bucks always come in when least expected.

post-242-0-36905100-1449558336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ford
  • Like 1

Just a question, would you have taken the six if you saw him again later in the season? I probably would. That is pretty much my personal preference, 6 or better, might pass early though.

I hunted hard up at the camp for 7 days. Well, hard for me, come in for lunch, lol. Not one buck seen.

On the 8th day, Saturday I guess, I decided I would take a doe. I decided to sleep in too. Went out at noon, shot a 7 pointer.

hey ford your reading my mind , oh well I always try to up the game , may have been a bad  Idea

Aqua, I am near Eldred, small world.

I passed a 7 pointer opening day of rifle, his 8th... the main beam was sheared off, he was a nice deer for the area, but being opening day, and having few sightings all of a bow, I thought it was a sign that deer were going to be moving more. Unfortunately, that was the last legal buck I've seen since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well ford, I just got back from monticello in 3k , hunted 4 days saw 4 does and a big spike. Yes I sort of regret passing on the 6 but I would like to think of myself as a, more selective hunter did not work out this year lol I like the game, not the meat I promised myself I am gonna work on my poor still hunting skills, I feel with the severe lack of hunters to move them and the warm weather  still hunting will more important than ever after opening day. And all and all YES Im big time glad I was talked Into going

• Like 1