Describe the techniques you used to attract deer this 2015 season

Rockspek

I can't say this technique will "attract" deer but it sure does seem to confuse their nostrils.

I'm always trying new things, so I "smoked" my clothes 3x's this year and always had this jacket and pack on as a layer as well as the bibs I was wearing at the time.

I think the Injuns used to do something similar.

I can't think of a more common, un-alarming scent wafting through the woods once fall rolls around.

I've always wanted to try it, and this year I did.

The results were not bad.... not bad at all!

It's not something I'd swear by just yet, but I'll definitely be experimenting with it more this winter.

The post season is a great time to try new stuff like this to see how they react. ;)

DSC_0150_zpsonkzkcnh.jpg

• Like 1

I can't say this technique will "attract" deer but it sure does seem to confuse their nostrils.

I'm always trying new things, so I "smoked" my clothes 3x's this year and always had this jacket and pack on as a layer as well as the bibs I was wearing at the time.

I think the Injuns used to do something similar.

I can't think of a more common, un-alarming scent wafting through the woods once fall rolls around.

I've always wanted to try it, and this year I did.

The results were not bad.... not bad at all!

It's not something I'd swear by just yet, but I'll definitely be experimenting with it more this winter.

The post season is a great time to try new stuff like this to see how they react. ;)

I have also heard of this idea being used by the Indians, but never had a chance to try it. Your experiment will be interesting. Was there any things so far that made you think it worked or didn't? I know these things are hard to prove or disprove because you don't always get to witness the effects. Also it is difficult to prove that the effects were due to the experiment. But at least it would be interesting to note the reactions (or lack thereof) of the deer to the intense smoke scent.

I have also heard of this idea being used by the Indians, but never had a chance to try it. Your experiment will be interesting. Was there any things so far that made you think it worked or didn't? I know these things are hard to prove or disprove because you don't always get to witness the effects. Also it is difficult to prove that the effects were due to the experiment. But at least it would be interesting to note the reactions (or lack thereof) of the deer to the intense smoke scent.

Most experiences were positive so far.

I still got busted on occasion, but this smoke was free, so I wasn't expecting 100% fail proof human scent eliminator.

I had well over 100 deer encounters this season and more often than not, they seemed a little less on edge than they usually tend to be.

It's hard to say though.... they don't usually pay much attention to me when I smell like sweaty azz all summer long aiming a camera at them so who knows.

I certainly wont hesitate to do the same thing in the future and throughout the coming months afield.

I think it works well enough so far that it's worth experimenting with a little more and having some fun with.

Actually, sitting around the campfire with your hunting clothes on might be a great way to get the smoke stink into them. I know anytime I sit around the fire the wind direction instantly changes to blow the smoke right at me. It must be some law of physics or something.....lol.

I don't know, I am almost leaning towards giving it a try myself. If it's good enough for the Indians, why not give it a try.

Did more scouting in the off season and moved my stand 50-75 yds from scrape line to pinch point. REALLY watched my wind and didn't burn the stand up. Killed my buck on 11/9 and only hunted stand 5 times total starting 10/3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk