Lots of New Cams Being Announced

phade

ATA is running and see the first forays into 2016 cams.

Muddy is now in the cam business, likely the result of Big Game's Eyecon cams sucking badly. Cams are without a doubt made on same assembly line as Browning. Cams are also pretty cheap. 

Moultrie has entered the cell market (again) with a separate modem unit that can work on any '15 or newer Moultrie cam. I am skeptical because Moultrie has consistently tried to make money on download/software/website access and their stuff hasn't worked great in the cell arena. Spartan has a Verizon cam that can now be added for $5 a mo to current plans - which is probably a big deal - and share in the cell plan's data.

Covert has a lot of new stuff, but interesting to me is a new cell cam that sends 5s video. They have some new cases and better spec cams.

• Like 4

I wonder if that Muddy Pro-Cam 12 is going to have the limited video length like my Browning does. Looks just like my cam, as far as controls, etc and the case is similar, just a molded bracket on the back VS metal. Ill be interested to see what they cost.

The new case that Covert has is nice looking, but I wonder why they didnt break their flash array up. Ive noticed deer do not see their reflections in the array of my Browning like they do on my Coverts.

I wonder if that Muddy Pro-Cam 12 is going to have the limited video length like my Browning does. Looks just like my cam, as far as controls, etc and the case is similar, just a molded bracket on the back VS metal. Ill be interested to see what they cost.

The new case that Covert has is nice looking, but I wonder why they didnt break their flash array up. Ive noticed deer do not see their reflections in the array of my Browning like they do on my Coverts.

80 and 120 for the Muddy cams. Clearly price point cuts were made in the case and likely in the internals. I bet the cheap one has horrible night illumination. I could be wrong, but typically that is the case with low end cams that tout more forward technology (black flash). It's 20% cheaper than the lowest retail blackflash last year. That's a lot.

Hopefully Covert takes a big step forward this year - they've been stagnant on everything but the development of the Blackhawk and getting the certifications from ATT and VZW. They are way behind Spartan on the App/website which is nothing short of impressive.

Edited by phade

80 and 120 for the Muddy cams. Clearly price point cuts were made in the case and likely in the internals. I bet the cheap one has horrible night illumination. I could be wrong, but typically that is the case with low end cams that tout more forward technology (black flash). It's 20% cheaper than the lowest retail blackflash last year. That's a lot.

Hopefully Covert takes a big step forward this year - they've been stagnant on everything but the development of the Blackhawk and getting the certifications from ATT and VZW. They are way behind Spartan on the App/website which is nothing short of impressive.

Im gonna have to try the higher end Muddy at that price.

Covert brought an App out to remotely control their cell cams. Seems like it might be pretty cool.

Im gonna have to try the higher end Muddy at that price.

Covert brought an App out to remotely control their cell cams. Seems like it might be pretty cool.

Spartan's app is heads and shoulders above them at this point. I also notice that they didn't say anything about the ability to go with larger size images - which the Spartan can control remotely. I was kind of shocked by that, as that feature exponentially improves the usefulness of a cell cam IMO.

I do like the cases though - water issues likely a thing of the past.