Food Plots

• 3 weeks later...

anything you can drag and scuff up the top couple inches of soil, will work.. make sure you have grasses/weeds growing there already.. kill em then drag the heck out of it.. if i had picture for some of the crap i fabbed up to drag behind my wheeler when i was younger, youd laugh out loud.. if you have the money get yourself an nice set of adjustable discs... depending on the engine cc of your quad...  

What do you have now? And how big is small? Are you looking to buy attachments? Trying to keep costs down?

I started out with a rear tine tiller and a rake. Pulled A piece of chain link with a log wired to it behind the 4 wheeler as a drag. I still do this on small and narrow plots. 1/2 acre

Edited by growalot

When i first started i took the (8) 90 degree steel brackets off my old bunk beds when i was a kid, shoved the biggest piece of lumber i could possibly fit between them and bolted them to the lumber... whipped that around a bunch ... had an awesome plot... anything that will tear up the soil will work.. just kill the vegetation first.. i watched craigslist like a hawk, theres old equipment drags on there for sale all the time... hopefully in the next year or 2 when life slows down some i will start doing plots for (somewhat local) people and not rape them with price.. 

Also there are people around that already do this... Finger Lakes food plots is one I have seen, and there is also a guy on craigslist who advertises his food plot gig...