Fresh snow hunting...

Great video...I was able to watch a red tail swoop in on a rabbit one winter as I was walking our woods...about 100 feet in front of me...It was a bit bizarre. When he finally left..I got to the rabbit and what was left was a pretty clean kill site and a skin sack with bones...he didn't really tear it up but managed to get most of the meat off it...Very efficient.....

Everyday I pass our local HS there is a coopers/or sharp shinned  (there so close in size I can't tell for sure ) on the top of a telephone pole overlooking a field on one side and pines on the other. It's  to the point I beep my horn every time at him/her. I started noticing it early spring last year . He must be eating well. I'm talking every day morning into the evening I see it.

The one that has been following me around was waiting for me at the parking lot while I walked the trail.  I heard tires screech and watched a little white mini cooper pull into the parking lot and a woman got out and started taking pictures.  When I got to the parking lot the woman was using the back of my truck to rest her arms on while she photographed the bird.

That annoyed me a bit but when she saw me approach she quickly apologized and wanted to talk about the hawk.  I explained to her that he has been following me on my last few outings and if she really wanted to bird watch I suggested she go down the trail as there were some monstrously large Blue Jays and Wood Peckers.

She was so excited she got her snow shoes and vest on before i could even but my rifle back in the case.  I've never seen anyone run in snowshoes before but she was close to running speed :)