Fresh snow hunting...

troll much?.....

NWCOs in New York State shall NOT take, possess, or transport:

• any species listed federally or in New York State as endangered or threatened;
  • any migratory birds (such as songbirds, waterfowl, birds of prey) without valid federal and state permits—with the few exceptions explained in the Migratory Bird Treaty Act;

The weather report for tomorrow (Friday) shows its going to be a decent day.  I for one will be out trying to out hunt a local hawk that has been a thorn in my side my last few outings.  Anyone else going to spend the day out testing their skills?

skills? such as breaking the laws.. beat it

Just a casual observer, but are you two sure you're reading 22Plinker correctly? I read his post as saying he wanted to "outhunt" it, as in compete with it.

You are spot on and i think someone jumped down the Troll's throat a bit fast.  I would guess the bird is having much better with the small game than the hunter.  Small Game???  Never see that any more!

• Like 2

I never said hunting a hawk, I said OUT HUNTING a hawk.  The last couple times I've been out there a hawk has taken two rabbits I was about to shoot at... so my reference is to beat the hawk this time out.

Perhaps before you get all up in arms you may want to actually read instead of jumping to conclusions. 

• Like 9

You are spot on and i think someone jumped down the Troll's throat a bit fast.  I would guess the bird is having much better with the small game than the hunter.  Small Game???  Never see that any more!

I have some awesome pics and video of this hawk, it is very impressive.  The very first time I saw him was two weeks ago.  He was in a tree overhead and swooped out and took a mouse or mole (something small) that was maybe 10 yards away.  Last week he was out two days in a row and beat me to two rabbits i was about to shoot at and a third I didn't even see.

I would NEVER shoot a hawk.  It was just an amazing thing to witness.

• Like 2

So here is a big "I apologize " having apparently misread your meaning... I suppose I based mine answer on this... and "that's been a thorn in my side."

http://origin-dictionary.reference.com/browse/outhunt

It's all good bud, certainly no hard feelings on my end.  I never even knew "outhunt" had that meaning.  I always used putting OUT in front of a word to mean "perform better than".

• Like 1

It's all good bud, certainly no hard feelings on my end. 

"bud"

:)

22Plinker ain't been around long enough I guess to grab the humor. 

We good, we good...............

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

"bud"

22Plinker ain't been around long enough I guess to grab the humor. 

We good, we good...............

Please tell me you are not referring to the whole "Friends are friends, pals are pals but buddies sleep together"?  I only used bud because I was going to say "boss" but I didn't want anyone thinking I was saying that as an insult.

THAT "bud" ain't a "bud" but a "budette"

growie is a chick..............hence the "budette"

Kapeesh  ??

If not, PM me and I'll 'splain it in more direct terms..................... :)

Gotcha... although I'm curious just how much more direct you would explain it.  Go with the whole "twig and berries" or lack of explanation?  ;)

Gotcha... although I'm curious just how much more direct you would explain it.  Go with the whole "twig and berries" or lack of explanation?  ;)

Fortunately you're a quick study and no further explanation is needed.

Growie is a good egg, and she hunts.  :)

LOL...He's wrong anyways 22.I'm an old hen at this stage of my life...

Wrong about what?  There was no reference to age there........like if he called you a "dude", it ain't accurate. 

You'd be the "dudette"

Ready for this.......................kapeesh?  :)

I never said hunting a hawk, I said OUT HUNTING a hawk. The last couple times I've been out there a hawk has taken two rabbits I was about to shoot at... so my reference is to beat the hawk this time out.

Perhaps before you get all up in arms you may want to actually read instead of jumping to conclusions.

Reading comprehension and writing ability seems too hand-in-hand for some folks, don't sweat it.

Good luck out hunting, that bird of prey, lol. See what I did there with the comma? Or is it good luck out-hunting that bird of prey? Hmmmm??????

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems