Shooting Shed

Doc

Looks to myself you have one direction that you will be shooting in.I suggest 2 windows 1 for your gun's double hung with rest and one casement stood uprite for shooting of your bow.As far as size I would say 8x8x not sure how tall you are or if you shoot your bow standing/sitting.A nice wall mount gas unit should do for the heat may also want a roof vent that is able to be opened 

I was going to use this strictly as a gun shooting shed. I suspect that it probably won't be portable, so it probably wouldn't be of any use as a archery shooting station. Also, I have indoor shooting facilities in my basement.

Curious as to how much elevation drop you have from bench to target ?  Enough to be concerned about ? 

I've never fully understood how much downhill/uphill effects trajectory

There is zero elevation drop, The range was hand chopped into the hill by myself back when I was much younger and much more energetic....lol. What can sometimes have an effect is the sideways sloping. It can have an effect on canting the gun (scope), and impacting the windage settings. I have not really seen much of an effect, but sometimes I do have to reset when I notice that I am tipping the gun because of the cockeyed back-drop.

• Like 1

I bet I am at least 10 years older then Doc and Iintend on lasting longer, haha and I buy green bananas too. An old time builder mentioned to me when I built a shed over 10 years ago to staple Tar paper under the floor ,I did and no wood rot and dry on the inside, the floor is rough cut hemlock.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Ha-ha .... gotta think positive. I ain't ready to go yet ..... lol. Anyway, when I kick the bucket, the kids will be able to use it if I do a good enough job.

I'll remember the tar paper idea. That's the kind of tip I was looking for.

Just to help visualize what I am thinking, I think this picture is very close to what I am thinking of. Perhaps just a little more room and a lot more windows for ventilation and safety.

post-11-0-85980400-1455186840_thumb.jpg

Hopefully it doesn't wind up looking like this:

post-11-0-23114600-1455186840_thumb.jpg

By the way, for those that need to be concerned about noise, here is a picture of somebody that may have that addressed:

post-11-0-53795200-1455186841_thumb.jpg

Doc check out some of the propane radiant patio heaters.. they look like umbrellas and heat objects rather then air. I took the family on a Christmas train ride where one of the cars was open, we sat under one of these heaters and it was actually quite comfortable even with the cold temperatures and the breeze.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk