Some anti-gun bills coming up again in NY

I also notice every sponsor is a Democrat.

"This year, anti-gun lawmakers are pushing a series of bills that will do nothing to improve public safety and will only serve to harass and punish law-abiding gun owners."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160304/new-york-nra-continues-to-fight-further-infringement-of-your-rights

Hopefully, the link will work now

Edited by Grouse

This one has an impact on every hunter in NY.

Senate Bill 2491, sponsored by state Senator Liz Krueger (D-28), would force gun owners to lock up guns in the home, which would only give criminals an advantage.  This legislation is dangerous and renders firearms useless in self-defense situations.  S.2491 would create six new crimes within article 265 of the penal law in addition to creating felony penalties.   Every household is different and firearms storage should be a matter of personal responsibility, not mandated by legislation.

Before the tragic boating accident wherein all of my guns were lost, I had several loaded firearms scattered around my 800 square foot home. Adult visitors were told that every visible gun was loaded and that they were not to touch them. Children have never been welcomed into my home without a leash and an attending adult.

• Like 2

This one has an impact on every hunter in NY.

Senate Bill 2491, sponsored by state Senator Liz Krueger (D-28), would force gun owners to lock up guns in the home, which would only give criminals an advantage. This legislation is dangerous and renders firearms useless in self-defense situations. S.2491 would create six new crimes within article 265 of the penal law in addition to creating felony penalties. Every household is different and firearms storage should be a matter of personal responsibility, not mandated by legislation.

And just how would anyone know how one stores thier guns?