Arrested for Running over Dec Officer with ATV

Vince1

yeah, I can't imagine prison is a good experience, community service, suspended license, heavy fine...something along those lines, but something to make him realize his mistake and not just a slap on the wrist.

Fine probably not much to him...parents maybe ....weekends com service and licence restrictions are best case imo....can't suspend licence bc he needs to get to and from com service and jail and work....

Never will understand suspending licences

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Fine probably not much to him...parents maybe ....weekends com service and licence restrictions are best case imo....can't suspend licence bc he needs to get to and from com service and jail and work....

Never will understand suspending licences

Because he can afford a truck and go off-roading, but can't afford a cab?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Because he can afford a truck and go off-roading, but can't afford a cab?

When was last time you dealt with a 17 yr old kid with anything? Mommy bought that and probably gives him gas....unless you have a dwi dui licence suspension does nothing but make it harder to fix your screw up....weather child support unpaid fines or what not licence suspension is pointless

When was last time you dealt with a 17 yr old kid with anything? Mommy bought that and probably gives him gas....unless you have a dwi dui licence suspension does nothing but make it harder to fix your screw up....weather child support unpaid fines or what not licence suspension is pointless

Maybe license suspension isn't what this kid deserves. Maybe license revocation is more just, seeing that he would endanger the life of others to avoid punishment of the law.

I would think a license suspension with restrictions is pretty inconvenient, not allowed to drive anywhere other then work, school and programs has got to be a pain for anyone.........at least for the person who follows the restrictions, but I doubt too many of those exist.

The rub is that the prisons are overcrowded so some sex offender gets parole to make room. And does this kid now learn more about crime in prison and as an ex-con end up doing more harm later on because he can't get a job?

I don't know the answer, just food for thought.

Parole is parole. No sex offender is going to get parole just to make room……Drama

I don't get the whole "if he goes to jail.. then the tax payer suffers" thing.. Its all bass akward to me. Why send any offenders to jail then???

You send the ones who are a threat to society....if this kid has a clean record then he made a bad decision and isn't a threat....if he has a record different story....but clean no need for longterm jail

You send the ones who are a threat to society....if this kid has a clean record then he made a bad decision and isn't a threat....if he has a record different story....but clean no need for longterm jail

No need for long term jail time……But some jail time for a serious offense like this??????? ABSOLUTELY!! Leniency is why we have problems like this. Every person who has been a "threat to society" has started out with a "clean record". More likely than not lieneancy for past offenses is what made them into "threats to society"

If I made a bad decision and killed someone, I can plea to the judge that I have no history and be let off on community service, right?

No need for long term jail time……But some jail time for a serious offense like this??????? ABSOLUTELY!! Leniency is why we have problems like this. Every person who has been a "threat to society" has started out with a "clean record". More likely than not lieneancy for past offenses is what made them into "threats to society"

You cannot take every first offender and toss them in jail...it's called 2nd chances....if he's clean make it stern enough to teach him but also light enough to allow him to have a good r3cord.....for all we know this kid is top of his class accepted to west point who made all piss poor decision...we don't know....if he's clean he don't need to do straight time....weekends restricted licence and restricted licence is what should be done.....all nys long as he's allows first offender

If I made a bad decision and killed someone, I can plea to the judge that I have no history and be let off on community service, right?

Lol ok....not even worth arguing with you....he broke his leg not shot him....don't push things out further than the facts....different situations different punishments.....

I hardly think weekends licence restrictions and community service is a slap on the wrist.....good thing you live in the city and don't know what it's like to ride around I'm 4x4 s or dirtbikes....running from the cops is not uncommon and this went bad and he made a poor choice.....ruin his life convict him of the max and watch the system claim another....when he's out I'll make sure to send him your way so you can foot the bill

when you look at it, it's not like he saw the Officer from a distance and took off, the guy was standing right next to the truck talking to the kid when he made a decision to run......bad move and obviously something he made a conscious decision about doing.....tough to call that an accident. 

• Like 1

when you look at it, it's not like he saw the Officer from a distance and took off, the guy was standing right next to the truck talking to the kid when he made a decision to run......bad move and obviously something he made a conscious decision about doing.....tough to call that an accident.

Right and that is where the bad decision was made....in that split second he made a poor choice as a young kids wanting to stay outta trouble

You cannot take every first offender and toss them in jail...it's called 2nd chances....if he's clean make it stern enough to teach him but also light enough to allow him to have a good r3cord.....for all we know this kid is top of his class accepted to west point who made all piss poor decision...we don't know....if he's clean he don't need to do straight time....weekends restricted licence and restricted licence is what should be done.....all nys long as he's allows first offender

He recklessly broke a peace officers leg, in an attempt to flee the scene of a crime. And he could have easily  killed the officer. Its not like the "kid" stole a candy bar. Something like 30 days in the can plus fines and a suspended license is not over the top. And for all we know this kid was bottom of his class, got fired from McDonalds for stealing ketchup packs and punches out cub scouts. So the "what ifs" really don't matter. Concentrate on what he actually did. 

Parole is parole. No sex offender is going to get parole just to make room……Drama

Didn't realize you were a lawyer or involved in the criminal justice system. You never coughed up the whole profession tidbit.

But geez man watch the news or a doc every once in a while on our prison system.

Didn't realize you were a lawyer or involved in the criminal justice system. You never coughed up the whole profession tidbit.

But geez man watch the news or a doc every once in a while on our prison system.

I have coughed up the whole profession tidbit more than once. Maybe you were too busy making apologies for or rationalizing bad behavior to have noticed. And there is absolutely no reason for me to watch the news or a doc on the prison system, other than to point out their errors and misinformation.

Young man didn't mean to run the ECO over but wanted to get away. I'm not ok with paying to feed and ruin him in prison. County jail time for each misdemeanor not to be served consecutively. Enough fines to make him forcibly pay for a years. Take the truck he was driving. Community service related to park and DEC enough to keep him busy when he's not working to also dig himself out financially, while paying for his own room and board. I'm sure that way his rap sheet will get him plenty of looks and less than respectful treatment for each hour of his years worth of service too. A decade down the road he'll still have a life but one he was taught to earn and not screw up in the process.

Young man didn't mean to run the ECO over but wanted to get away. I'm not ok with paying to feed and ruin him in prison. County jail time for each misdemeanor not to be served consecutively. Enough fines to make him forcibly pay for a years. Take the truck he was driving. Community service related to park and DEC enough to keep him busy when he's not working to also dig himself out financially, while paying for his own room and board. I'm sure that way his rap sheet will get him plenty of looks and less than respectful treatment for each hour of his years worth of service too. A decade down the road he'll still have a life but one he was taught to earn and not screw up in the process.

I'm sure they already have his truck...probably lost that the day of the incident. I say one night in a maximum security prison instead of a lengthy stay in County lockup should do it.