Arrested for Running over Dec Officer with ATV

Vince1

I have coughed up the whole profession tidbit more than once. Maybe you were too busy making apologies for or rationalizing bad behavior to have noticed. And there is absolutely no reason for me to watch the news or a doc on the prison system, other than to point out their errors and misinformation.

Misinformation meant to totally mislead and dupe Leftists.  Is it working Belo???   LOL!!!!!!!

Young man didn't mean to run the ECO over but wanted to get away. I'm not ok with paying to feed and ruin him in prison. County jail time for each misdemeanor not to be served consecutively. Enough fines to make him forcibly pay for a years. Take the truck he was driving. Community service related to park and DEC enough to keep him busy when he's not working to also dig himself out financially, while paying for his own room and board. I'm sure that way his rap sheet will get him plenty of looks and less than respectful treatment for each hour of his years worth of service too. A decade down the road he'll still have a life but one he was taught to earn and not screw up in the process.

Kid committed a felony, but that's ok?

There are reasons we have those fleeing laws on the books. So some are bright enough to not actually do it.

I'm sure they already have his truck...probably lost that the day of the incident. I say one night in a maximum security prison instead of a lengthy stay in County lockup should do it.

I'd hope he lost the truck.  I don't just mean in impound, I mean forever to be sold with the money going back to DEC or the ECO to pay for a portion of med bills at least.  don't know enough about this stuff to have an idea if that might have been the case.  maybe that housing arrangement would be good.  I'd agree.  I just think writing the kid off and a decade or so stay in big boy prison will only turn him into a criminal for life and cost us more money.  I'd be entirely different if he squared the ECO up with the bumper and trying to kill him.  i do think he should get a hard road ahead and be paying for it in some way every time that ECO gets up in the morning with a leg that aches.

• Like 1

Kid committed a felony, but that's ok?

There are reasons we have those fleeing laws on the books. So some are bright enough to not actually do it.

I don't mean to question your literacy when I say this, but not sure where I ever said it was ok.  you seem to interpret it that way though, and that was not my intent.  Fleeing laws aren't what could put him in prison for 10+ years, which I think would do more harm than good in this case.  he's still earned him a stay and lots of punishment which I agree with.

I don't mean to question your literacy when I say this, but not sure where I ever said it was ok.  you seem to interpret it that way though, and that was not my intent.  Fleeing laws aren't what could put him in prison for 10+ years, which I think would do more harm than good in this case.  he's still earned him a stay and lots of punishment which I agree with.

You want to treat him different from other felons. Right? Why?

I was not an angel at that age. But I would never, ever have done what this guy did. F him.

• Like 2

You want to treat him different from other felons. Right? Why?

I was not an angel at that age. But I would never, ever have done what this guy did. F him.

I want him to be treated differently from SOME other felons?  Damn straight.  Not all felonies are the same even with the class D felony for 2nd degree assault.

This kid prevented an ECO from doing his duty AND the officer unintentionally got an injury.  Both happened so it's bumped into this category from a misdemeanor.

Second scenario, also a class D felony/2nd degree assault...  a kid the same age gets annoyed with a lady senior citizen, maybe your mom.  He intentionally throws her to the ground and stomps her for a while, breaking multiple bones but luckily nothing life threatening.

Both earned the charge.  I agree the law is the law.  That doesn't mean both deserve the same sentencing and time.  That's why there's a range of sentencing allowed for a given charge and each case is just as it is, a its own case.

My original point is saying (*&^%) him and locking him up for a long time in prison most likely won't do anything to make him change his ways.  if anything it'll give him the mentality of (*&^%) everyone.  the whole idea of the system isn't just to serve punishment but to make people change for the better.  Right?  Nevermind.... (*&^%) it.

Edited by dbHunterNY

I'm sure they already have his truck...probably lost that the day of the incident. I say one night in a maximum security prison instead of a lengthy stay in County lockup should do it.

Believe it or not, most guys prefer prison to county. County is way less comfortable for them with less available to them like Tv's and what not. A lot of guys can't wait to get sentenced out of county.

PS I work in a county jail.

Do you know this kid? how do you know it was unintentional? 

admittedly no idea who the kid is.  based off reports and charge.  if the intent is there I think it bumps it up again to 1st degree assault with a deadly instrument (his truck).  I'm not a lawyer.  just making educated guesses versus assumptions the best I can.  there's no arguing what he did was wrong and blows my mind.  I've gotten my point across I think though.  it seemed to be lost for some, because I'm not holding a torch, pitch fork, and a rope noose.

• Like 1

admittedly no idea who the kid is. based off reports and charge. if the intent is there I think it bumps it up again to 1st degree assault with a deadly instrument (his truck). I'm not a lawyer. just making educated guesses versus assumptions the best I can. there's no arguing what he did was wrong and blows my mind. I've gotten my point across I think though. it seemed to be lost for some, because I'm not holding a torch, pitch fork, and a rope noose.

Had a cousin screw up too. He ended up in a shock work camp. Straightened him out. If the record is clean I would rather see something like that

• Like 3

Had a cousin screw up too. He ended up in a shock work camp. Straightened him out. If the record is clean I would rather see something like that

I would agree with that. Bottom line is that this guy should go away for a little while. 

• 4 weeks later...