Beaver pond mallards

Do you shoot from a blind or are these birds just really tolerant to you being there?

Well, if you consider a Toyota Prius a blind...

These were sort of a unique scenario. We spent the weekend at my in-laws who are the last house on a dead end road. A couple hundred yards past their house the beavers have blocked a culvert and created a really nice beaver swamp. The water is actually up onto the edge of the pavement in a couple spots. I took my wife's car down and sat there shooting these from the window. What's funny is I spent the day before at Montezuma but got better shots shooting these birds from the car. I should also mention that maneuvering a 600mm f/4 inside a Prius is a bit challenging. :)

• Like 3

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II, recently upgraded from the 500mm f/4 IS (Mark I version). I saved for years to be able to get one of the big tele's, and it's been so worth it.

20160220_154009_zpsxyxx87y4.jpg

Congrats- that is a top notch rig right there!

My arms hurt just looking at that sucker!

You bird watchers are a nutz bunch,lol

Should be a great summer hauling that bad boy around! Can't wait to see some more shots from that baby!