Roundup Ready Food Plot

pretty simple... genetic modified plants that aren't affected by round up. spray, plant, spray post emergence if weeds come up. facts done... time for opinion.. We are feeding deer... not the world population. a few weed in a plot won't hurt anything. in most cases once you get you pH in line most weeds will subside. if you have stubborn weeds a heavy planting of winter wheat, barley, or radish will choke out the rest. one reason we pursue venison is because it's a true organic meat. the more gmo plants we introduce into there food source, the further away we get from that. now on another note... there are some naturally occurring round up resistant plants... most of them are undesirable, such as hog weed. if you burn out the competition you will make the conditions for these plants to thrive. the last thought on this? the deer are already eating something.. when you spray off a field you kill their existing food source which may push the deer to another area for food, and there is no guarantee that all of them will come back once your plot emerges.. does it work well? absolutely. is it needed? that's up to you. I dont.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I plant RR soybeans by Real World Wildlife Seed Co. and they are, just as they say they are. they grow the same only, you can spray them with round up obviously. your grasses and weeds die, and the beans thrive (hopefully)

Would like to try the RR corn this year

I've used rr corn for several years, it works well to help get rid of persistent weed allowing you to go back to cerial grain after a few years and be relatively weed free.

The only problem I have is high deer/critter population does not allow a small plot.1/2 are is more to guarantee something makes it to black tip stage. Coon will pull the first 10 rows or so down in milk stage and squirrels will pull whole ear off and cart it away from the first 10 rows or so as well.

I tried soybean and. The deer wiped it out before it was 4 inches tall