Sale Dispute

phade

Although probably not stated in the terms of the sale, both the buyer & seller can assume some modest time frame for the buyer to receive & try the used item to determine advertised functionality. NOT 60 days and a trip to Alaska before testing! First, you're not responsible for the buyer's poor planning! Then again, what's your reputation worth, $175?

Tell the buyer, in PC terms, he's a fool, a procrastinator and requesting a seemingly fraudulent claim with extraneous circumstances. Which all falls outside of your control! You might consider refunding $1/2 as a goodwill gesture.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...!

Brings back ugly nightmares of (ebay) sales of used items bringing out the worst in human nature.

Buyer could have played with it from the moment they received it but ended up breaking it like accidentally dropped it in water or something and now wants to cover for their own mistake by seeking a refund. Not saying it is so but is a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3

I say he is SOL, if he is a good friend I would refund the money just to keep the peace but if they are a complete stranger I wouldn't. I only say this because you should be able to trust a friend where a stranger he could have screwed up and broke it and just want to fix his mistake.