Youth 4 wheeler suggestions

I have a 4 and 6 year old that I would like to get 4 wheelers for.  I'm too chicken of a dad to let them have full control so I would like to either be able to limit the speed or have a remote kill switch.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not looking for the battery operated walmart ones either.  Needs to be gas powered so we aren't waiting for it to charge.

Thanks!

Youd probably want to find one of the Chinese 50cc machines for the younger one and an 80cc for the older one. Most of the Chineese 50cc machines are the same, just sold under different names. Parts are cheap and easy to find. I bought a Redcat MPX 50 for my daughter years ago, it was always reliable. For the 80, just make sure you find something wide enough to not be tippy and one that has decent suspension.

Helmets are a must and teach them how to ride correctly and youll be surprised how fast they pick it up.

Go with the chinese models, unless money is not a concern lol. They are just as WNYbuckhunter said.. parts are cheap and easy. You can govern the engine, and also come with a remote control to kill the engine if they're in danger or what not. I just bought the 250 kumodo w/ clutch, for my step son hes turning 11..  Hes been riding since he was 3 

Most are online but some parts stores, like Pep boys sell them in store. They are cheap but not bad machines at all,,,especially for kids who will out grow them in a year or so. You can always sell a youth ATV and not get beat up…….

• Like 1

I went to canandaigua motor sports and the least expensive 4 wheeler they had was $1999 and they wanted to charge me $350 for freight and setup

I'm looking online for the cheaper ones right now that have a remote kill switch.  They are like $500.   I would just rather buy from someone around home plus wouldn't mind getting to look at it first.

I bought a used Can Am for my son when he was 10 for like $1200. He used it for 3 years and I sold it for $1100. So $100 for 3 years of use!! Had a speed limit adjustment on it. Can Am has great resale value so does Honda.