Is this a bear?

Rockspek

My luck in seeing a bear sucks so bad I can't even open your video on iPhone. ! I wouldn't shoot one myself Takes me an hour to get deer out , don't want a rug , not a fan of tricinosis , meat yield poor and not getting mounted. Not against others shooting one its just not for me. Rather have someone else see it after I let it walk. Congrats on your first bear on cam. Grrrr lol.

• Like 4

My luck in seeing a bear sucks so bad I can't even open your video on iPhone. ! I wouldn't shoot one myself Takes me an hour to get deer out , don't want a rug , not a fan of tricinosis , meat yield poor and not getting mounted. Not against others shooting one its just not for me. Rather have someone else see it after I let it walk. Congrats on your first bear on cam. Grrrr lol.

I think the same way unless it's a monster of a bear I won't shoot one with a gun....hopefully someday I can get one with my bow tho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bears are one of my favorite animals to watch in the woods, they truly are awesome creatures. I've never seen a truly huge bear other than on my trail cams. As far as meat goes, I think it's some of the best out there. I've taken 3 bears between PA and NY and they've all been great eating as well as a couple that my dad's taken.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Looks like track of two sizes so I'm guessing mama with a cub or two.  Tracks aren't really clear in the pictures I took but the larger track was about 8 or so inches heel to toe and the other smaller.  Kinda tough to measure cause it wasn't a great track.  Been pretty dry up until today.

Looks like track of two sizes so I'm guessing mama with a cub or two. Tracks aren't really clear in the pictures I took but the larger track was about 8 or so inches heel to toe and the other smaller. Kinda tough to measure cause it wasn't a great track. Been pretty dry up until today.

It's not super accurate but you can sometimes get a decent estimate of size by the front track. Take the width of the front track and add 1 and that should give you a close approximation of what the hide should square. So a 4" wide front track plus 1 would be about a 5' square bear hide. I'm not sure there's anyway to really convert this measurement to weight accurately either but a few bears that I knew both the square and weight were as follows.

4' square - 125 live weight

4.5' square - 150 live weight

5.5' square - 215 live weight

6.2' square - 275 live weight

4' square - 125 live weight

4.5' square - 150 live weight

5.5' square - 215 live weight

6.2' square - 275 live weight

No way.

I shot one that might go 4.5' square and I know for a fact he weighed 375#.

(close to it anyway)  :)

No way.

I shot one that might go 4.5' square and I know for a fact he weighed 375#.

(close to it anyway) :)

Haha a bear like that might be easier to roll out of the woods than drag

Criticize if you must but know that I have almost no clue about bear tracks and one of them had deer tracks over the top orbit so it kinda messes it up a bit. Fact is I know there was a bear walking around within ten ft of these prints in the mud. post-7067-0-39490800-1465177285_thumb.jppost-7067-0-55462100-1465177319_thumb.jppost-7067-0-62400500-1465177367_thumb.jp

Your one lucky guy...you still have a cam...lol I have a raccoon that has been actively trying to pull one of my cams down...need to get some fox urine...until fall....

fox urine at dirt hole fox sets caught me a lot of coon when I was trapping. You're better off using Sasquatch urine IMO ????

I'd be better off with my 22 but that's illegal until fall...24 were taken off our place a couple of years ago. Again this year I have 3x's as many "monster sized" raccoons on cam than anything else They just spend their time wondering around in circles around the cams setting them off...I have had to shut down the video and gone to pics again....I didn't think they liked clover that much....either that or I have a real bad grub problem...Crows seem to flock to the clover as well... :rolleyes:

Edited by growalot

• 1 month later...