Why would anyone be a Democrat?

Fine, but you have the right to support the candidate of your choice without affiliating yourself to a party.

However, when you support the party by identifying yourself as a Democrat you give them legitimacy. You are saying that you are a Democrat and maybe ashamed to be one maybe not. To the Democrats you are a soldier, a supporter. I find it hard to believe that a person could continue to call them self a democrat when the party is against America. Anyone should rightfully abandon them forcing them to be left with the fringe radicals, exposing them to the mainstream, what they really are.

• Like 1

You don't get it...No one can vote in a primary unless they are affiliated with the party having the primary...I do not care who knows I vote in the democratic primary...I want to lessen the "crap" that party puts forth in going in to vote against their worst...while hoping the Republicans have their act together...

I don't wear pins,carry signs donate $$. I go to the origins of their electoral push and vote to lessen their more radical agenda....Democrat,Republican, Libertarian ...they are just names of game pieces to me, no more...no one but me dictates my policy views.

• Like 3

Seriously, take no offense to the following. I tend to speak my mind.

Now you just make me laugh! Questioning my principles,in a conversation between to screen names. At the very least...you should have familiarized yourself with more of my posts before that statement....lol

No offense taken.

I am a principled person. I have been a registered Republican since I started voting. The Republican Party stands for many things that I believe. Unfortunately, they don't govern that way.

That being said, you said you stay a registered democrat so you have an opportunity to vote for a crappy democrat in the primary so the republican has a better shot. Then you vote for the republican candidate you really like.

I don't understand how you can stay associated with that party and your reasoning makes less sense to me. No offense!

No offense taken.

I am a principled person. I have been a registered Republican since I started voting. The Republican Party stands for many things that I believe. Unfortunately, they don't govern that way.

That being said, you said you stay a registered democrat so you have an opportunity to vote for a crappy democrat in the primary so the republican has a better shot. Then you vote for the republican candidate you really like.

I don't understand how you can stay associated with that party and your reasoning makes less sense to me. No offense!

Seems a bit unethical, almost cheating no?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I do get it. And I understand your reasoning. It is my belief though, that a person of principle would not affiliate with a group that didn't stand for their belief whether or not anyone knew about it.

A spy or sabetuer from within a party... many wear on hat in public and one in private. Most of Germany did thay in ww2. They weren't nazis but wore the hat and worked within the system.I get it grow and yes registering one way and voting another is a common thing. I truly hope a canidate emerges from a political party that is more moderate but has the support of the party they bole long to.. they say Republicans don't want trump but who voting him in the primarys
  • Like 1