The End of Hunting and shooting sports for Kids

JimMac

3 of my grandchildren have LifeTime Hunting Licenses but aren't old enough to hunt yet . They live in the country and my son has a hunting camp The oldest has shot 22's and enjoys plinking .

My daughter's 2 youngest live in the city and spend their time playing computer games . 

Environment has a lot to do with it . 

• Like 3

Careful who you claim is "one sided ignorant", Laws like the Dicky amendment are created to keep Americans ignorant about gun violence. Under funding the ATF and practically forcing them to keep paper records or no records at all is another way of taking the teeth out of any laws already enacted.

yeah I know all about ignorance

Careful who you claim is "one sided ignorant", Laws like the Dicky amendment are created to keep Americans ignorant about gun violence. Under funding the ATF and practically forcing them to keep paper records or no records at all is another way of taking the teeth out of any laws already enacted.

How are laws keeping Americans ignorant on gun violence?  Care to go into some detail on that?

In this day and age, I just have a hard time buying that.  The FBI and any number of websites by private advocacy groups publish and maintain all types of data related to gun crimes and overall gun deaths.

Also, under-funding the ATF?  Again, maybe explain that a little bit more?

The ATF is prohibited, by law, from creating an universal, electronic gun registry.  And the reasons for that should obvious, even to someone who isn't a so-called "gun nut."  Now, as to whether or not the ATF can update its record-keeping methodology without violating individual freedoms is perhaps a talk worth having, thought getting off on a tangent.  

• Like 1

You do know about ignorance.  You've mastered it.  Try looking into an un-biased anti-gun source to find information on why the CDC was stopped from researching "gun violence".  And while your at it, get some info on why the ATF had to be stopped from abusing it's powers and harassing law abiding gun owners to the point of tyranny.

Neither of these things were passed to "keep gun owners ignorant about gun violence".  Gun owners know all about it, because they are being blamed for all of it.  These laws were passed to stop the government from putting the burden of gun violence on responsible law abiding gun owners.

The problem with the government, when it's controlled by Leftists, is they will use any crises of violence in America to further restrict the rights of citizens who've had ZERO involvement in it, to further their gun grabbing agenda.

You need to learn a lot about government encroachment on individual liberties before you start talking about being any kind of expert on these issues.  

Your other comment about not wanting to sit at the government table and discuss giving up more of our rights is one of the most naive statements on gun rights I've ever heard.  You think they try to force even greater infringements on responsible gun owners when they refuse to accept more of them?  They wanted those infringements from day one!  They just want us at the table so they can say we refuse to accept their ridiculous restrictions, (that are proven to be ineffective) so they can point their fuggin' fingers and say "They're the bad guys".  If there weren't ignorant, clueless idiots in the electorate believing their lies, gun owners wouldn't have anything to worry about.

No matter how often gun owners prove, the multitude of existing gun laws are more than capable of controlling gun violence, if they were enforced, there will always be people who think more restrictions on a Constitutional right will work, when all of the current ones, don't.

It's not about "gun violence", it's about eliminating rights!

Edited by Rattler

I will say one thing, regardless of what you say the majority of Americans was some common sense laws enacted. But you wait and see whats force fed you if all you do is stonewall. Remember the only thing that can stop a bad man with a law is a good guy with a law...

Edited by EspressoBuzz

Be specific.  What "common sense" laws do they want enacted and why?  Is there any proof, data or evidence they will be effective at reducing "gun violence"?  Also, why do you feel the need to support them?  

Is ending the ability of American youth to enjoy shooting sports your idea of "common sense" gun laws?

If they try to force unconstitutional mandates on responsible gun owners, the coming revolution will be very ugly, but justified.

"Remember the only thing that can stop a bad man with a law is a good guy with a law..."

This is about the most ridiculous pablum I've even read.  I'm not even sure what it is attempting to say.  It doesn't make sense, no less common sense.

I think it means you want more laws, bigger government, less freedom and less individual liberty.  Why?  Because criminals have been allowed to run loose and create anarchy?  They haven't paid any attention to any current laws, but they will to new ones?  Unbelievable.

BTW, people like you calling me ignorant has no impact on me, because I do not value your opinion when you express your misguided beliefs.

Edited by Rattler

Most of the sources you're using to support your argument aren't exactly known for being neutral on this issue.  

However, I'll leave this conversation to you and others.  Gun rights are relevant to hunters, but I came here to talk about hunting in NY, not to hear people opine about gun laws and politics.

Edited by Padre86
  • Like 1

Gun rights are relevant to hunters, but I came here to talk about hunting in NY, not to hear people opine about gun laws and politics.

Unfortunately, it is all tied together. Politics runs the gun laws. Gun laws influence hunting. Too often we think that we can ignore politics and just hunt. But at the pace that gun laws are influencing our choices in hunting weapons and accessories it doesn't really work anymore to bury your head in the sand and pretend that one doesn't effect the other.

• Like 1