Re loading question/ favor

Chef

Is there anyone who reloads who as any expirence reloading for the m1 Garand? I'm looking for a soft point hunting bullet for mine and don't want to risk running commercial through it. I would be willing to pay if someone would do this for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the data if  you find someone in your area that wlll load for you.

Any standard 150 grain soft point spritzer, such as  Speer , Sierra, Hornady, Winchester power point, etc.

Standard large rifle primer....  47 grains of IMR or Hodgdon  4895..

That pretty much duplicates the load that the Garand was designed for.  It also groups well in my 1903-A3 Springfield, so I  use the same load for both rifles.

• Like 1

Here's the data if you find someone in your area that wlll load for you.

Any standard 150 grain soft point spritzer, such as Speer , Sierra, Hornady, Winchester power point, etc.

Standard large rifle primer.... 47 grains of IMR or Hodgdon 4895..

That pretty much duplicates the load that the Garand was designed for. It also groups well in my 1903-A3 Springfield, so I use the same load for both rifles.

. How far are you from me I would travel if you were willing to sell a few

About 5 hours... However, I never sell my handloads due to liability reasons.

I'm sure you are a great guy, but  should something freaky happen and you were injured  using one of my handloads,

the blood sucking ambulance chasers would be beating down your door.

Do you have a local gun club ?  There are people out there who sell custom reloads.  Perhaps  the gun club would be a good place to ask around.   You might even find some info on purchasing custom reloads or Garand specific hunting ammo on the internet.  Good luck !

I have made some for a buddies garand I used winchester power points can't remember the powder or charge but they shot well and killed a few deer.

Sry but I also won't make you any. But if you find someone who will I will look in my books and find the exact recipe I used.

Sounds like the birth of a new hobby for the OP...............

You're gonna LOVE it!

. I would love to make it a new hobby, but I think if I take on anything else right now my wife who I have only been married to for 3 months will kill me.... In the process of buying a hunting camp right now so a lot on my plate

chefhunter where are you located? i also live in Westchester,and know some one who has ammo for your Garand..

I actually moved I live in rockland now but I am in westchester most days for work and my wife works in white plains shoot me a pm