1st time dad screw up

Jeremy K

So we had our first kid in January which makes me a rookie to say the least . Sunday my dad and I went out in the woods and checked/moved some cameras and looked around . When I got home ,I picked up big meat and tossed him around a bit and played with him for awhile , my wife took him from me to feed him and noticed his cheeks were breaking out really bad! I totally forgot I had bug spray and pollen on me still. Luckily my wife put him the tub and gave him an oatmeal bath and it cleared right up . What a moron I am ,thankfully it wasn't worse. I figured some other fellow woodsman would get a "kick" out of that story.

Edited by Jeremy K

Your lucky it wasn't poison ivy and you changed his diaper and clothes.....You may have had to dole out $$ for a hotel until the wife cooled down ;) ...Glad he's OK

Good point about the poison ivy ,I don't react to it so i would never know if it was on me or not.

• Like 1

Man it happens in going on 4 years as a dad and there is always moments like that...Sunday afternoon I was chasing my daughter around the house and ahead fell right on a concrete pad and messed her nose and cheek up...she looks like Rudolph now. It happens...shoot my mom and dad were horsing around with me when I was 5 ish and pushed me off couch and I cracked my head open on coffee table and bled everywhere...it happens glad he's all good that's what wives are for.. .they always make them feel better after we mess them up lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The poison ivy doesn't have to be on you.  It could have brushed against your clothes and then you transfer it when you hold him.

When you have a new baby, every friend and relative wants to hold him/her.  I was advised to always carry a linen cloth/blanket and when someone asks to hold the baby, I say sure...so as long as they let me drape that cloth over their shoulder.

There is also something now called third hand smoke that scientist wasn't aware of before.  The smoke from a cigar or cigarette drops residue onto places such as the walls and more importantly, the clothes.  That's why you can smell when someone had smoked even a couple of days later.  Well, what happens is someone will go out for a quick smoke, come back in then carry the baby and the baby's face will be pressed up against his/her shirt and breathe in that residue.  If you have friends or relatives that smoke, tell them that if they want to go out for a quick smoke to put on a light jacket, towel, or blanket, and then take it off when they come back in so that the residue isn't carried in.

• Like 1