Didn't play golf but caddied

turkeyfeathers

Guy who I used to play a lot of competitive golf with son qualified for The Porter Cup . He shot 66 a few weeks back to get in. Held at Niagara Falls CC every year. Phil Micklelsin amongst a lot of others have played in this event before becoming pro. Today's field had the runner up in The Canadian Open last week , second place at Amateur losing to De Chambleau , mostly college kids that should be your worthy soon. My guy shot 72. Gavin Hall a lefty just made the turn on front 9 at 5 under. These kids can play. 3 more rounds to go. I can't loop as we're headed to Ithaca for the remainder of the week. 86 and sunny out , lots of water to drink but I'm whooped 

image.png

• Like 6

Gavin Halls Dad works for the same FD as myself nice guy .

Funny thing, when the FD has a local tournament , we're generally banned from  the course the next year.....

Gavin finished -5 and leads Porter Cup.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 3

Just looked up some of the previous winners:

Spencer Levin-Howard Twitty-Ben Crenshaw-Scott Simpson-Scott Verplank-Robert Gamez-Phil Mickelson-Gary Nicklaus-David Duval  Not a bad list. Looks like the course is laying down a bit today. Lots of subpar rounds  One guy birdied 6 in a row, a bogey and then another birdie. Gavin Hall (Rochester ) currently in the lead. This kid is phenominal and still has one year left of college.