Wood burning stove restoration

Ok so against the better counsel of the board members I decided to give it a shot. I have a deal wth the seller to bring it back to him Saturday if I find too many issues.

Right now I have a fire going with no chimney system. The "cracks" are not an issue it seems however when I close the door with the door vent wide open, the fire goes out almost instantly. Would a proper chimney system draw the air more adequately to keep the fire goin when the door is closed?ea5217be66f0fd2dd7b8511d04c0b5f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the chimney stack will draw the air through the firebox.  I would go old school, while its outside get yourself some parafin wax when its nice and hot and rub the wax over the outside and let it burn off.  It will turn the rust a nice deep color help seal it.  This is what the old timers did with these cast iron stoves when they put them to bed for the year.

So cool...popped a cheap 5' section if pipe on there last night from Home Depot and this thing roared all night in my backyard.
A little caste iron cement, the proper piping and a carbon monoxide detector and I'm ready to roll.
Thanks for your advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't pay $125 for that stove.  It is worth nothing more than scrap value.  It cannot be trusted with a crack.  A brand new equivalent stove is not much more.  Carbon monoxide poisoning is nothing to joke around with especially in a small shed!

I have to agree if it is cracked repaired or not then I wouldn't trust it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk