Donald Trump says he would implement nationwide stop and frisk policy

5 hours ago, LJC said:

Thank you for your kind words your another genius lol I'm sure 

Hmm you wouldn't  happen to smoke Alot of weed sounds like it from your paranoia of the terrorist watch list . Just think of the man power needed to watch only say 1000 people 24/7  let alone 350million.  Your fear is not very logical .for example it takes  the FBI  hundreds of FBI  agents years and years  to get into criminal organizations Like the mob Which has only a few hundred members. I think you have never really thought about it what it takes to watch people 24/7 like that . If it was so easy why have we had so may attacks   even after 9/11 . It's because it's impossible to track so many people obviously . 

It's  Time to get off the weed bro when you think the government is interested in you taken a dump in the woods . If you no what I mean . Lol   

10 hours ago, Core said:

Okay, you missed what an analogy is, so getting back on topic: I provided data showing that stop and frisk is not that great. Do you have contradicting data? I've provided data showing it as ineffective.

Counterpoint?

I showed exactly how many arrests and summons were issued because of stop and frisk. Instead of rambling on look back. Those arrests would NOT have happened otherwise. Personally I don't care if the process only got 1 criminal of the street, that is 1 less. By your logic the cops should sit in their cars and do nothing at all to stop criminal activity. This is my last post on the matter you also seem to be either trolling or you are involved in some sort of activity that stop and frisk might find. As I have said every state in the country has laws already on the books which allow stopping people and searching them and or their vehicles. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big John said:

I showed exactly how many arrests and summons were issued because of stop and frisk. Instead of rambling on look back. Those arrests would NOT have happened otherwise. Personally I don't care if the process only got 1 criminal of the street, that is 1 less. By your logic the cops should sit in their cars and do nothing at all to stop criminal activity. This is my last post on the matter you also seem to be either trolling or you are involved in some sort of activity that stop and frisk might find. As I have said every state in the country has laws already on the books which allow stopping people and searching them and or their vehicles. 

so you should take that same principle that you hold for getting bad guys off the street and apply it to gun-control. Because if we can get one illegal guns off the street then all the gun control in the world is worth it but your estimate. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Big John said:

By your logic the cops should sit in their cars and do nothing at all to stop criminal activity. This is my last post on the matter you also seem to be either trolling or you are involved in some sort of activity that stop and frisk might find.

That is the same thing that is coming across to me.

Al 

41 minutes ago, Big John said:

This is my last post on the matter you also seem to be either trolling or you are involved in some sort of activity that stop and frisk might find. 

Thank God. You're way out of your depth when it comes to understanding complex matters that involve statistics and I'm glad you've told us you'll stop trying.

33 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

so you should take that same principle that you hold for getting bad guys off the street and apply it to gun-control. Because if we can get one illegal guns off the street then all the gun control in the world is worth it but your estimate. 

The "if it saves just one life" is the epitome of the desperate attempt to salvage anything from poor policy. You'll often see politicians use it; "If we can help just one kid", "if we save just one life". Big John had a bit of a melt down on that last post, even going so far as to wondering if I am conducting illegal activity myself that a stop and frisk would find. Hopefully he sticks to his promise to not post in this thread again.

8 minutes ago, airedale said:

That is the same thing that is coming across to me.

Al 

Because I don't think you're paying attention to the numbers. Case in point, you made a wild claim that I asked you to back up and you so far have not--because you can't; because it's not true. Are you going to tell us exactly which year there was this 80% reduction in murders because of stop and frisk? Those were your words.

Stop and frisk was implemented under mayor Rudy Giuliani and along with the "broken windows" policy resulted in a one year reduction in homicide fatalities in the city from 2500 to 500. Those policies worked at a time when the city was desperate for a solution. It could work in Chicago and elsewhere as well if those places had any real leadership.

50 minutes ago, Core said:

Because I don't think you're paying attention to the numbers. Case in point, you made a wild claim that I asked you to back up and you so far have not--because you can't; because it's not true. Are you going to tell us exactly which year there was this 80% reduction in murders because of stop and frisk? Those were your words.

That was my post, Core. And you're right, it was not a single year reduction but in fact occurred during Giuliani's first term as mayor between 1994 and 1998. It also followed a fairly steady decline that happened under Mayor Dingens using the same strategy of "broken windows" and stop &frisk.

My apologies for the misrepresentation of the facts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, philoshop said:

That was my post, Core. And you're right, it was not a single year reduction but in fact occurred during Giuliani's first term as mayor between 1994 and 1998. It also followed a fairly steady decline that happened under Mayor Dingens using the same strategy of "broken windows" and stop &frisk.

My apologies for the misrepresentation of the facts.

lol that's what I get for going by people's avatars (similar colors), not their names. I apologize for pressing somebody on something they never said, my bad :heat:

Edited by Core
  • Like 1