Scent Crusher Ozone Gear Bag

germs087

Looks pretty cool! Been doing a lot of reading on the Scent Crusher bags and closet and they get awesome reviews! Not one negative comment! Interesting YouTube videos also! The reviews say how big the bag is and they can stuff all their winter gear into it.

Amazon has the Scent Crusher enclosed closet unit for only $50 more. I like the convenience of just stuffing the clothes into the bag after a hunt, plugging it in, and having the clothes be treated on your way home, without having to take them out, and having them be ready for your next hunt.

Tempting.....

I like the closet but wanted the portability of the bag. Comes with a home and car power supply.

The bag is quite large, I think it will hold my entire layering system. As for the scent killing capabilities, that will be put to the test.

I ran it with some new clothes last night and can't pickup on the new smell anymore.

• Like 1

I have started an inquiry into possibly being a dealer for them. We'll see what they say. Sometimes the initial start-up requirements are ludicrous, but sometimes not.
I think they are nice pieces of equipment.

If you get the dealership I'll definitely be hitting you up on it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm bordered by ag fields on 3 sides of my property and it's really tough to hunt the wind. I'm seriously considering going out and buying one. I would get plenty of use out of it, as I have my clothes, my sons, and my daughters.

I always wonder if the scent killer spray is more of a placebo/feel-good effect. I know it works, as I've tested it out in my son's smelly football cleats, but I wonder how effective it really it is with a few misty sprays here and there.

The average Joe just can not comprehend the scenting ability that dogs have, you may not want to hear it or believe it but I can guarantee you that there is not  anything you can do to prevent a dog from getting your scent especially if the dog is downwind. The test above is one of many I have read about covering  human scent and trying to hide from a dog and all failed. After following Hounds my whole adult life I have seen some pretty amazing feats of scenting ability and am not surprised at all by those test results.

A Deer's sense of smell is reputed to be up to 20% better than that of a dog so what does that tell you.

Al

The average Joe just can not comprehend the scenting ability that dogs have, you may not want to hear it or believe it but I can guarantee you that there is not  anything you can do to prevent a dog from getting your scent especially if the dog is downwind. The test above is one of many I have read about covering  human scent and trying to hide from a dog and all failed. After following Hounds my whole adult life I have seen some pretty amazing feats of scenting ability and am not surprised at all by those test results.
A Deer's sense of smell is reputed to be up to 20% better than that of a dog so what does that tell you.
Al

I don't think anyone questions that. A few seconds of extra time might be the ticket. It is just hard to say if any of this stuff does that. Ozone to me represents the best chance of that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Scent Crusher claims that the ozone generator is expected to last 20 years. I wonder why there's only a 1yr warranty on it?

I like the sounds of that Scent Crusher "Ozone Go" unit that plugs into the truck and gets all the odors out of that too! Pet, food, gas (-oline AND farts :rolleyes:), cigarette smoke, wife's perfume, air fresheners, etc....! http://scentcrusher.com/ozone-go/

Edited by Cabin Fever

As for the bag - ran it 3 out of the 4 times I headed into the woods this weekend. Deer ended up down wind of me on 3 occasions and only "alerted" them on one occasion. They didn't blow but hastily exited the area.

Obviously the point isn't to ignore the wind but I thought I had them patterned and was down wind of the trail but they chose to prove me wrong once again. The best laid plans....