3 Bow Hunts With Big Rack Taken!

TheFieldArcher

cool video, did you make it. thats a very nice buck shot at the end!

i had to hit myself in the forehead and laugh but that buck was taken literally right at a bait pile. WTH is wrong with people, lol if you bait why advertise it! ::D

That is legal in NJ, new law allows bow hunters to be 150' from a house, a bait pile stops the deer and allows you to make the perfect heart shot like you see in this video so families don't have Bambi running across their yard while the kids are playing in the front yard. Heavily over populated area, last month another person was killed in a deer/auto accident...

nice buck.. but sorry I can't rap myself around the bait pile thing for any reason... still a cool video

Still a lot of fun too! Self video hunts are a blast, holding your bow with one hand and working the camera with the other adds a whole new dimension, the added movement with the camera is a challenge... making sure the lighting is correct when they show up, if they move towards the sun you have to adjust the light again... all while you try to stay undetected. 

Check this one out, no bait, just you, your bow and you gotta try to keep the target in the camera!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Baiting isn't very ethical if you are hunting for sport... although if you were hunting for survival then it would be more than acceptable.... but there is no need to hunt for survival today... welll YET :)

Was just a question, shot plenty of turkeys already anyway.

Just as long as you follow a given states hunting laws... go out and hunt within the law and have fun doing it! Don't worry about what others think... if baiting is legal where you hunt and you do not think it is ethical, don't bait... if it is legal and you think it allows you to stop the animal in the perfect shooting lane for the perfect shot and a quick ethical kill... ENJOY! Just as long as hunters support each other and hunter numbers increase and state laws are followed... all is good!

If you agree and you are into a good cause... and you are on facebook, join my page! Thanks guy's!

http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/pages/The-Field-Archer/203839542964870

Just as long as you follow a given states hunting laws... go out and hunt within the law and have fun doing it! Don't worry about what others think... if baiting is legal where you hunt and you do not think it is ethical, don't bait... if it is legal and you think it allows you to stop the animal in the perfect shooting lane for the perfect shot and a quick ethical kill... ENJOY! Just as long as hunters support each other and hunter numbers increase and state laws are followed... all is good!

I agree with that.  I've always thought that ethical vs unethical was a decision that could only be made by each individual person.  I can't tell you what's ethical or not just the same as you couldn't tell me what's ethical or not.  My neighbor thinks hunting is unethical, whereas I think it's incredibly ethical.  If I had to live by a moral code set by people other than myself I'd have to commit to hers just as I would everyone else's.  If I'm told I'm being unethical I have to ask, "By who's standard?"

I love the bait debate. I absolutely do not feel that my skills have eroded yet to the point where I need to condition deer to cooperate with my hunting success. I have got to say that of all the tricks available to us hunters to gain an advantage, I think that baiting is probably the closest to stepping over the line. Frankly, I enjoy the fact that I am hunting "wild" animals, not something that I have trained like Pavlov's dogs to respond to feed for my hunting convenience. I have read articles about deer being trained to come to the sound of automatic timed feeders going off. Then too I have heard about "baiting wars" where one neighbor is pitted against the other trying to out-bait the other and draw each other's deer away from them. Does that really sound like something that could be called hunting? Is that some kind of hunting activity that sportsmen and women should be engaged in? I suppose everyone has to figure that out for themselves. For me that is a hard-stop limit that I will not cross. Others may feel differently about it .... I don't care. But I will say that I am glad that it is illegal in this state. Should the issue ever come up for legal challenge, I will be quite vocal and active in my opposition. If after my best efforts it still becomes legal ..... well so be it. Lol... I'm getting to old to get too worked up over such things anyway, but I still love the debate.

Doc

Right on Doc!

Its not about "hunting" deer anymore.  Its about "harvesting" the biggest buck, or getting it on video.  The latter are much easier to do with bait.  I could hunt over bait when I go down to Ohio, but won't do it.  The greatest satisfaction is knowing I can get a deer in bow range in "IT'S" natural pattern.  NO trail cams, NO bait.  I may kill one, I may not, but I have the memory and satisfaction of the HUNT.  I don't care to, or feel I have to, share that with the rest of the world.