Sight question

Chef

So this is really more of a AT question but I'll try here... Yesterday I bought a halon 6!!! Very excited it's a amazing bow. But I love my old sight it was that copper John reverse sight.... The guy at the shop told me it didn't fit on the bow and that I had to buy a new one.... I really loved that sight any suggestions on how to make it fit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had many different bows from many brands and the sight holes are always the same, did you try it yourself?

I'm about to do that right now, and if it fits in going to march down to that bow shop, and tell them to shove that no refund policy up their you know where

I'm about to do that right now, and if it fits in going to march down to that bow shop, and tell them to shove that no refund policy up their you know where

And of course I got it on there no problem, I wonder if they will do the right thing and let me return the sight.. They have a sign that says no refunds only store credit I also do not have the package to the sight because they installed it and threw it away

• Like 1

Let us know how the return goes. THEY threw out the package not you, it would really make me mad if it happened to me.

I'll let you know Tuesday night when I go back..... I really hope they don't give me a problem... Not to make myself sound like a ass but I sometimes have a hard time staying calm in situations like that

If you get no help from the bow shop and they will not change to the other sight for you. I would then look at the local newspaper and se if they have a help section. I know I just about went crazy years ago with a mower I purchased from a large National firm and could not keep it running, it would burn out a belt after just one mowing job. The local newspaper called the dealer and said they would post my concerns over the products he sold, within a hour they gave me full credit and I returned the bad mower to them for full credit. I  then purchased a different mower product from them. 

If you get no help from the bow shop and they will not change to the other sight for you. I would then look at the local newspaper and se if they have a help section. I know I just about went crazy years ago with a mower I purchased from a large National firm and could not keep it running, it would burn out a belt after just one mowing job. The local newspaper called the dealer and said they would post my concerns over the products he sold, within a hour they gave me full credit and I returned the bad mower to them for full credit. I  then purchased a different mower product from them. 

Lol, I was reading about that shop today on AT and you had posted in a thread about them. So
I was there today, and they would not give a refund and offered store credit. The owner was pretty rude about how he said it and was obvious miserable about it... When I said let's start with a hard case for the bow, he said I have no time for you and passed me off to the kid who originally set up the bow... Very nice kid and very helpful. I would up getting a hard case a arrow re fletched a case to hold broadheads, and some extra field points... I still have 35 bucks in store credit left over.... Over all I'm glad they at least gave me something but am not sure if I'll continue to do business with them

Also forgot to mention that I did use my one hour of free range time while I was there today, I figured why not... Durring that time I began to see less and less clearly through my peep sight.. It turned out that the kid that set up my bow did not crimp down the d loop and it was rotating... I feel that i spent $1000 on a bow and that they should not have let a inexperienced kid set it up without at least having someone check his work.... Bad judgement on the part of the owners... To be honest the was very nice and enjoyed talking to him... It's too bad his bosses act that way...... How should I spend my last 35 in store credit

Also forgot to mention that I did use my one hour of free range time while I was there today, I figured why not... Durring that time I began to see less and less clearly through my peep sight.. It turned out that the kid that set up my bow did not crimp down the d loop and it was rotating... I feel that i spent $1000 on a bow and that they should not have let a inexperienced kid set it up without at least having someone check his work.... Bad judgement on the part of the owners... To be honest the was very nice and enjoyed talking to him... It's too bad his bosses act that way...... How should I spend my last 35 in store credit

Buy the kid something nice and ask him to twist, untwist your string to fix the peep rotation issue.

You'll likely have to tune again after string twist.

PS. Peep rotation is normal for a new bow

Buy the kid something nice and ask him to twist, untwist your string to fix the peep rotation issue.
You'll likely have to tune again after string twist.

It actually wasent the peep that was moving apparently it was the d loop and he crimped it down and it stopped..... In still really pissed... I have a bow shop in westchester I really like they just aren't a Matthews dealer

It actually wasent the peep that was moving apparently it was the d loop and he crimped it down and it stopped..... In still really pissed... I have a bow shop in westchester I really like they just aren't a Matthews dealer

The D-loop crimp is just a bandaid.

The D-loop crimp is just a bandaid.

Really shit... Now im even more pissed than before... Maybe I'll just take the bow to the shop that i like and pay them to fix it

Really shit... Now im even more pissed than before... Maybe I'll just take the bow to the shop that i like and pay them to fix it

A good shop might not charge you to fix a peep issue. Mine don't.

A good shop might not charge you to fix a peep issue. Mine don't.

Yea they are pretty cool in there..... I'm so mad about the place I bought this bow.... Spend over a grand and they have a kid set the bow up and do a shit job.... And treat you like crap

D loop tends to shift over time.

This is why despite spending a lot of time messing with peeps...guess what I'm back to using a tube. When I bother restringing my bow I'll probably try a fixed peep again. I think in any case it's something a person should work on themselves. If you need to rely on a shop for their bow press and string work it's a massive, massive hassle. You can buy a cheap bow press like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Prototech-Industries-Inc-4439-Bowmaster/dp/B000PA07JY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475687717&sr=8-1&keywords=cable+bow+press

Then fiddle around while watching tv. I spent $60-70 a pop twice last year at two different bow shops and decided when I still had peep issues that instead of going to yet another one I would just spend that money on a press.

Also, buy yourself a target for the basement. I'm surprised how much I use mine, mainly when tuning but also just to get some time in with the bow while listening to music and not going anywhere. Mine is 14 yards away. If you have a massive house maybe you can get 20. I live around other houses so cannot shoot outside currently.

Edited by Core

Is there some forum rule about not naming a business that does $hit work?

No there isn't.... I'm just not trying to hurt anyone... Or bash anyone. They did do the right thing and at least give me store credit. If you want to know I'll share

You seem a lot calmer than I would be! I sure wouldn't have settled for store credit on an item that YOU asked about and didn't need and furthermore, didn't want. I would also be sending an email to Mathews. Let them know your experience and how they have a dealer selling their product that has no idea how to set it up. You can let them know that the kid was helpful etc but that BS. That's how I would expect my bow to be setup at Dicks when some kid does it. I purchased my bow, A Bowtech Assassin, certainly not top of the line about 4 years ago. When I go to the shop I purchased it from, I get my arrows refletched, my bow looked over, they let me use the range and check the draw length etc and they don't charge me a penny. I certainly wouldn't be looking to not hurt them by not calling them out on here....

• Like 2

They didnt do the right thing, they gave you false information and as a result you bought a new sight that you dont need, and then they wouldnt make it right! Also any shop that sets up a bow will typically tell you to shoot it a bunch and then if the peep isnt coming around or in your case the loop is moving theyll take care of it. Id spend that $35 on a sandwich sign that says "DONT SHOP HERE" and march back and forth in front of the store lol

• Like 2

Obviously the owner has no interest in maintaining good customer relations.  He was rude and didn't have the time to work out what THEY screwed up. If I could save fellow hunters from a similar experience I sure would. Not everyone deserves to be running a business. Hell many don't deserve to be working with the public.  

It's a great profession if it weren't for the customers. 

I'd be gettign a pound of flesh one way or another. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club