pistol permit changes

I didn't get to listen to the news yesterday but my wife told me this morning there was some change passed on pistol permits...I don't know if she understood it all but said you have to have a pistol approved before you can put it on a permit??????

Anyone hearing anything?....I hope she was really confused

wouldnt surprise me... what is the process now tho? i have my permit i just have not bought a gun yet.

I Monroe county if was application and then go get a gun when approved. It use to be had to buy the gun and have proof before you could apply.

mine is in process right now...gonna piss me off if I have to go back to square one

yeah, over here from what i hear i have to make 2 trips.

1 go to the store pick out a gun, have them give me a PO for the gun

2 go out to Riverhead show them the PO with the info on the gun

3 go back to the store buy the gun

4 bring the gun back to Riverhead for filing of paper work and inspection of gun.

so thats our process here

I wonder what made them go back to normal?

SCOPE members have a great working relationship with the county clerk. Plus the clerk probably didn't want a good working system screwed up.

And a few dozen phone calls helped.

Remember, you already go through a NICS check there is no need for a Judge to look again. So they can CYA

www.scopeny.org

In st law county, you pay for the handgun, go to the county courthouse, register it and go back and pcik it up. This can be done the same day.  In the past, you could take posession with the papers from the dealer, and you had 10 days to get it registered.  it is still 3 bucks to register one.