hunting genesee

doebuck1234

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 1:57 PM, DanD said:

I live down in Steuben county (8T), but I hunt in 8X,8G, and 8H. Very quiet year in 2015 in all 3 zones from my perspective. Here's hoping 2016 is a rebound year...Shoot straight :) 

Agreed.last season i only saw a buck and single doe.no shot as they busted me.that was it all season.hoping i can find some land in scottville where im currently living.hard to come by

• 5 months later...

Will be hunting the western edge 8H this Fall on a new lease. Winter trail cam pictures look pretty promising for herd numbers and maturing bucks. 

Last year, I hunted mostly state land (archery) and found the number of hunters seemed to have risen dramatically. I was walking in over a mile and into swamp setups (on weekdays) with my climber and still kept tripping over other hunters or their pre-positioned ladder stands). I've usually gotten it done on state land, but noticed the last few years its been getting tougher during archery due to more hunting pressure. I hunted some obscure and poorly marked state land and it appears those have been found. Looking forward to a little breathing room and better opportunities!

I have not seen and turkey sign yet, but hope to see some in May.

• 6 months later...