220 class buck would you take a shot at one if the only shot you had was the back side

LJC

4 hours ago, growalot said:

Taking a shot, as I and others have mentioned  like that on deer that has all ready been shot doesn't mean:

It means sometimes a follow up shot needed and in a small shot window is better than loosing a deer or in some cases killing a jumped wounded deer...I can't speak for others but at camp everyone has a "section" and directions they can shoot . We all know where everyone is. Before moving they call or blow whistles, so a quick shot at a small target in our case isn't a danger. I think most wouldn't take that as a first option ...Unless they were confident in conditions and skill level as has been stated.

follow ups are different and I think out of context with the original post.  I've had to follow up a shot and basically put it square on the front shoulders to put it down quick.  lots of meat wasted and both front shoulders completely blown to pieces for the bone turning into shrapnel.  I didn't like it but didn't want to lose it and have it suffer.

• Like 1