what is your favorite action for deer hunting simi ,pump, lever, bolt

LJC

I'm a single shot addict. I have taken deer with an 1885 Low Wall and a Ruger #1. This year I will be bringing up my Dakota 10 that is chambered in "The Bob". I'm looking forward to getting it bloodied... hopefully. I'll also be bringing a project gun that has been a work in progress for awhile. It's a Ruger M77 compact (16.6 " BBL) in .308. 

The 257 is one I don't own but will one day, the next time I find a 7600 in 257 I will own it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The 257 is one I don't own but will one day, the next time I find a 7600 in 257 I will own it!

What kind of groups does your  Benelli R1 get ? 

Don't own a bar way too heavy for me. My 742's will do about the same 2" my 7400's might average a little better but both of my 750's "308 and 35whelen both factory carbines" will shoot under 1.5" the 308 is a little better but that could be me because the whelen kicks a lot harder.

I don't own a lead sled so I'm sure I could improve all of these some because these groups were shot of a bench with a sandbag. I also have never tried to work up a load for any of them.

• Like 2