Any ideas?

Buck_shooter

I found a bunch of pink ribbons all over on a property I hunt that's owned by a timber company. There is no particular order to the markings other than they seem to surround a valley that has already been logged a few years back and is loaded with tree tops. A few of the ribbons had some writing but I have no idea what it actually means. Thought maybe someone on here might have some idea about what's going in.

IMG_20161211_114110963.jpg

13 minutes ago, silent death said:

Almost looks like surveyor tape. The numbers and letters could be used for some kind of log book maybe 

It is on surveyors tape but it's not along any property line or anything. It's in the middle of a parcel that they own. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to the marking just seems to be makred in random places. I was thinking maybe they decided to get the property drilled too since it's already been logged? 

4 hours ago, catskillkid said:

They may be delineating a wetland boundary.

Theres no real pattern to them as far as a line or boundary of any sort. It seems like they are marking individual points for some reason. I was thinking maybe they were going to be future oil well locations or something but I could be way off. 

12 hours ago, E J said:

It looks similar to markings I saw before a seismograph test in Steuben county about ten years ago. They bored holes in the ground and set off charges after setting sensors all over the place

Correct you are!  They did this same thing in wyoming and catt counties a few years back.  Not long after, NG wells were popping up like mushrooms!