flio11

Ziess Victory 10x42 binoculars

Recommended Posts

Selling my Ziess victory 10x42 Binos

Like new condition

Used them one time on a bear hunt. They have been in storage ever since

Paid $2000

Selling for $1500

396d5d4d871803967f1673efccaadf1b.jpgb39d33d2705e40ae492b13aff3b44f07.jpg

Text me for faster response : 914.879.7366

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you kill a bear?


Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2017 at 8:43 PM, flio11 said:

Lol ... yes I did


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly?

  • Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These, I'm sure are very nice bino's. I've never looked through a pair of $2000 binoculars. I really am curious as to what the biggest difference is between these and my $200 Nikon's. And I'm sure they are clearer, and gather light better and all that. But I really want to know what makes them 10X more money? To me my Nikons are pretty clear and are decent in low light, for my hunting situations. Though I don't hunt out west, where the difference could be huge. This is in no way a slam on these very nice Zeiss binoculars. I am just looking to learn something is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, flio11 said:

The glass that is used... clearer never fogs. Can't compare to nikon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to look through a pair to understand. I have been using Ziess for over 30 years. I credit them for helping me with many animals taken. Great light gathering ability and extremely clear. They save you many foot steps out west and are great to use on the east coast too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 6:18 PM, grampy said:

These, I'm sure are very nice bino's. I've never looked through a pair of $2000 binoculars. I really am curious as to what the biggest difference is between these and my $200 Nikon's. And I'm sure they are clearer, and gather light better and all that. But I really want to know what makes them 10X more money? To me my Nikons are pretty clear and are decent in low light, for my hunting situations. Though I don't hunt out west, where the difference could be huge. This is in no way a slam on these very nice Zeiss binoculars. I am just looking to learn something is all.

The biggest benefit to great binocs, besides the really good picture and definition, is the lack of eye strain, which will give you a massive headache when you are using inexpensive ones for hours on end looking for game.  Good binocs will not strain your eyes.  The barrels line up like they should and they don't make your eyes work hard when using them.

It's a lot like good glasses.  If they aren't right for you, you will feel it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rattler said:

The biggest benefit to great binocs, besides the really good picture and definition, is the lack of eye strain, which will give you a massive headache when you are using inexpensive ones for hours on end looking for game.  Good binocs will not strain your eyes.  The barrels line up like they should and they don't make your eyes work hard when using them.

It's a lot like good glasses.  If they aren't right for you, you will feel it.

Thank you! That explains it perfectly for me. I've now learned the 'difference' between really high end optics and just ok optics. As I stated in my earlier post, I've never looked through very high end optics, and was just curious.  That being said, if I had the $ for the binoculars posted here I'd buy them! And be very impressed I'm sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grampy, you can get really great binoculars that have all the benefits of really expensive ones, without paying $1000 for them.  It takes research and some time, but if you look into it you can get really great glass for about $850.

Check out the binoc article on page 34 in this link to a F&S article.

https://books.google.com/books?id=HkzeZVg62uQC&pg=PA34&lpg=PA34&dq=bausch+%26+Lomb+8x50+elite+porro+prism+binocs&source=bl&ots=V1bVmQD56g&sig=MnfnE43DGUryhglwzcxLmcf5Cfo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiuxIuCjuvRAhVT42MKHQ7RAlUQ6AEIRDAH#v=onepage&q=bausch %26 Lomb 8x50 elite porro prism binocs&f=false

 

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDE appreciate if people would ruin my thread! Rattler wtf is wrong with u!? U come on my thread and tell people not to spend the money!? Get lost!! Mods please remove his comment !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flio11 said:

IDE appreciate if people would ruin my thread! Rattler wtf is wrong with u!? U come on my thread and tell people not to spend the money!? Get lost!! Mods please remove his comment !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies. It was I who sidetracked your thread. I should have posted my questions in a separate thread. Good luck with the sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High end optics are definitely worthwhile for people who spend many hours looking through binoculars. You get better light gathering, better color and as mentioned, they are much easier on your eyes. As optics improve beyond the basic models most people use, small increases in quality cost an increasing amount.

I use Swaroskis but the Ziess are in the same class.

You might try selling them on a birding forum. Skilled birders have no trouble spending that kind of money.

 


 

Protect non-target wildlife. Use non-lead ammo - http://www.huntingwithnonlead.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
High end optics are definitely worthwhile for people who spend many hours looking through binoculars. You get better light gathering, better color and as mentioned, they are much easier on your eyes. As optics improve beyond the basic models most people use, small increases in quality cost an increasing amount.
I use Swaroskis but the Ziess are in the same class.
You might try selling them on a birding forum. Skilled birders have no trouble spending that kind of money.
 

What birding forum do you suggest?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.