Turkey in Putnam County

BizCT

Plenty of turkeys in Putnam. Check these two sites for places to hunt:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7844.html

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/recreation/hunting_and_trapping.shtml

I have been to many of them and most hold deer and turkeys. Get out there and scout them up and see which ones have what you are looking for.

Be safe during the season.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I am new to Turkey hunting and plan on starting this spring. unfortunately I don't have the time to scout as I live in Suffolk county. 

Not looking for any specifics or looking to take anybody's spots, just want to know if Wonder lake is a decent place and big enough that a newbie can come in pre-dawn and stake out a spot. Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, NYRturkeycall said:

I know this is an old thread, but I am new to Turkey hunting and plan on starting this spring. unfortunately I don't have the time to scout as I live in Suffolk county. 

Not looking for any specifics or looking to take anybody's spots, just want to know if Wonder lake is a decent place and big enough that a newbie can come in pre-dawn and stake out a spot. Thanks in advance. 

Idk these woods but I do know my success on public is in direct ratio to my scouting. Its hard to think I would be successful without scouting on any property. Bow season bonus. A flock i saw on stand.

20201110_164621.jpg

• Like 1