dutchess county lease

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

50/acre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For 50$ an acre you could have it right now.  LoL I just talked to the property next door and they leased for 10$ an acre. They said I would be very lucky to get 2000$ total.  i think tree guy is right.........

For 50$ an acre you could have it right now.  LoL I just talked to the property next door and they leased for 10$ an acre. They said I would be very lucky to get 2000$ total.  i think tree guy is right.........

I misread. Thought u were the one trying to lease it from someone else and hunt it. Since you are the one offering it, post it in Craigslist. I can't see u having any issue getting at least $3K per season that many acres if u let someone hunt it. For non-hunting I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please tell my wife,I was right once ! I shot from the hip guessing you don't have any farm fields / AG crops on property. I also guessed it was average hardwoods with average game around. For my .02, 10/acre is a good price for everybody. If you have crops or great bedding, or a "mature" herd, or any other enticing feature to the property by all means 20/30/40 is possible. If you have somebody willing to pay 50.... Take it !!
  • Like 2

I have paid 1500$ just to park in somebodys driveway so I could have access to hunt bordering sancuary in westchester county That was like 1 acre.   Totally different ballgame. There was some huge bucks there.  Already talked to 50 potential leases and nobody is willing to pay more that 2k and it is right near links. Dont get me wrong there are some decent bucks around but not like some honey holes in westchester.

• Like 1

I'm in Dutchess.

Several places I used to hunt have gone from $2400/year for 80 acres to $5000/year for 160 ac w/ running agriculture and some very nice stands. (I should know,I built the stands and the current leaser paid me for them rather than have me remove them).

Not sure where a 60 and 120 ac are exactly with price but I know north of $1500/year as I was offered both at a discount rate. (I didn't take either, I wouldn't pay 5 cents to hunt a whitetail deer)

All those are in Milan/Rhinebeck area.

Contractor I work with regular has about 140 ac to hunt in Lagrange near the Taconic and 55 and he and son shoot some dandy bucks off there.

I would think $2K would be just about right from what I hear folks paying in general for typical property. JMO

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1

It all depends on things.

Annual hunting lease guys can ride ATV's and camp in the summer?   Entire hunting season only?

What the land and whats near it.  Is there pressure.   Also, if you lease land, someone legally needs insurance.  You can ask them to get their own, or get it yourself.

Nice deer, they get those every few decades on adirondack leases.....   

Your offering a semi-tangile product.  25% of the price is the place, 75% of the potential price is reputation.  Trail cameras, food plots, etc...

Also, are you going to require references or not.   Any rules to this, limit on game, minimum rack size, required does to shoot, and so on.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...