So what is a craft beer ?

Nomad

http://www.whec.com/news/walmart-lawsuit-craft-beer-rochester/4402045/?cat=565

So Genesee makes a private label beer for Wal Mart , as they have for countless others ,( they also,brewed a ton of Sam Adams when they could not keep up with demand)  . Anyways some beer people are suing saying is not " a craft beer" going by some loosely worded definitions by a Brewers  Assoc. but many of the things they state also apply to, all breweries .

Myself I don't care who makes it or how much they make , I either like it or I don't  .

Genesee btw has smaller brewery on site where they brew small batch beers , they also,have helped many small local brewery's get started and have shared their facilities with them .

So what then is a craft beer ? What do you think the court will rule ? 

I think the case is weak .

51 minutes ago, phade said:

There are tons of suits over the craft brew definition.

And digging a little deeper you find out a lot of the craft brew brands most people know, are really owned by the giants...

Sure , I know that ( well not the tons of suits part ), and Yuengling along with Boston brewing and Matts are considered craft beers . If one looks Genesee brewery produces fewer barrels then the definition requires to,be a craft beer , and since just one location they're local as well .

Should be interesting , and after tonight's Union meeting I think the brothers will do some research on the subject !

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

It is a small release beer to a limited area and the most important thing.....costs twice as much..lol

Small batches , twice the price , twice the hype , twice the flavors , count me in lol In all honesty. The limited production beers always seem to deliver Mass produced, you get what you pay for. I'd rather overpay to drink and enjoy a good beer than drink a so so beer at budget price. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Small batches , twice the price , twice the hype , twice the flavors , count me in lol In all honesty. The limited production beers always seem to deliver Mass produced, you get what you pay for. I'd rather overpay to drink and enjoy a good beer than drink a so so beer at budget price. Just my opinion

I agree when I'm having just 1 or 2. But nothing beats 12 Miller Lites on a summer pool day for beer pong etc.

• Like 1