Different or Unusual mounts...............

Back in '96 I was building my new house, one afternoon I was laying shingles on the garage roof when I heard scretching tires and a horrible crash sound........................I hurried off the roof and ran over to look and I see a car flipped upside down in the ditch, so I ran over to see if I could help and assess the damages.

The driver was climbing out one of the windows by time I go there, he appeared to be ok, but very shaken and angry. He was swearing up a storm about something. I had to really keep myself from laughing as he had a bent/half broken cigarette hanging out of his mouth and he was dripping wet with coffee all over his head.

Well, anyway..................he was ok. The story was a deer ran out in front of him and he swirved to miss it and got down in the ditch and hit a large rock wall and it flipped the car over.

When the County Sheriff showed up, he was getting the details when the guy stated the deer jumped on the hood of the car and hit the windshield(the second deer) ?????????? second deer. Yep, there was a doe and a fawn. The guy swirved to miss the doe and the fawn was not far behind.

Well, I did a little looking around the scene and low and behold, I found the fawn (dead) about 20 ft. from the crash sight. The Deputy issued me a special tag and I high tailed it directly to my local taxitermist.

Here is the final outcome:

IMG_0889.jpg

It was a little 2-3 week old button buck, my guy did a great job on it. I built the oak plank display stand, covered the bottom with fake moss hair and then went out in the woods and gathered natural forest floor items and layed it out. I did use fake ferns though.

He has taken it to several taxidermist shows and it has won a couple of awards.

I have only seen one other mount in a private home setting in my life. I get more interest and comments about this mount than I do my big rack bucks.

FDXX75

It gets the most attention because most people have never seen a real fawn other than pictures or on a Christmas card, even though it is no longer breathing it is so lifelike. They can actually look up close and see things they never saw or knew before.

This one was still young enough its hooves have not yet turned black, they are a cream/tan color.

Even the anti's like it............................LOL

FDXX75