Interesting racks

wooly

Here's a couple antlers I found durring the 2009/2010 shed season.

This fiirst set was cut off a dead buck I'd found not long after season closed just off a neighbors backyard. He sure would have been a cool buck to keep tabs on. Seems every year we see more and more odd ball racks coming from this area. I had seen this buck on one occaision from the stand about a mile from where I found him dead. Deffinately one of the funkiest 8 points I've ever found especially coming off what I guessed to be a 1 1/2 year old. All points were at least an inch.

DSC_2262.jpg

This next set is a match set of sheds I picked up the same year. I had one encounter with this buck durring the 2009/10 season where he came into a rattling session 3 weeks into the southern zone archery season. I rattled in 8 different bucks in 3 days that year but none were as unique as this guy. I also got some video footage of him from that encounter but have not seen or heard of anything of him since then. You guys got any goofball bucks running around your areas lately?

DSC_2260.jpg

you are nuts FDX, I would have gotten the rack in the last picture mounted or steel skulll mounted.  :P

Actually, there is a story that goes along with the rack. Last week I posted about shooting a deer and not being able to find it due to lack of blood trail/sign and heavy rain. I found him 3 wks later tucked in between a junk car and a 10,000 gal fuel tank that was on the edge of our property. The decay process had already started and the head and cape were badly damaged.

I salvaged the antlers though.

I have been considering taking to my taxidermist and having it mounted, using a donor cape. It would be a conversation piece for sure.

FDXX75