Jet skis anyone?

I've had a few but I'm wondering if anyone is good on prices. What do yall figure a decent double trailer and 2 identical 96 polaris slx 780 to be worth? Both run well, I know that they don't make polaris watercraft anymore and parts seem to be easy to get. Just looking for a pair to mess around on this summer and tie to the boat. Don't have any pics as of now

• Like 1

I am a fan of Polaris ATVs, but no so much their PWC. Mechanically I think the PWCs are inferior across the board, reducing durability, and PWCs take a beating. I would be more apprehensive if the PWC was in saltwater, too.

Like Jerkman, I prefer Yamaha PWC.

With skis that old, the hours clocked will vary greatly and thus the price. Low hour machines on original guts will command a premium from the seller, and its rarely if ever warranted. I'd be concerned throwing more than $3k into the whole deal. All it takes is for one of the PWC to blow some smoke and your fun level per $ goes down quick.

• Like 1

Had new Sea-Doo GTX Rfi with a 110 how that hauled ass. Loved that machine, reliable as all heck and a fun the was had by all.
That being said sold it with very low hours and still pulled 3700 for it being over 10 years old.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stoneam2006 said:

Yep good deal. Imo is he a collector or something?

But a better bike lol 93 cr250r was my first dirtbike great bike nice to ride...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yea he seems into the 93 for sure. And agreed I actually love riding that bike lots of fun and quick to boot. 

• Like 1

Biz... Sit downs. Stand ups are lots of fun but not fun when you ride from the marina a ways down to the beach or bar. 

I stand by my word. Sit downs are boring or for girls. Might as well just drive a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys talking Jetskis or waverunners?

Stand up Jet Ski is fun, but the sitdown ones are boring as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz in order to utilize those two words one must be speaking in reference to a Yamaha branded pwc. This is a polaris so neither jetski nor waverunner would be an appropriate descriptor

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BigVal said:

I've had a few but I'm wondering if anyone is good on prices. What do yall figure a decent double trailer and 2 identical 96 polaris slx 780 to be worth? Both run well, I know that they don't make polaris watercraft anymore and parts seem to be easy to get. Just looking for a pair to mess around on this summer and tie to the boat. Don't have any pics as of now

They have their issues, parts are hard to come by I would be looking into either SeaDoo, Yamaha, or Kawasaki. The older 2 stroke Yamaha had issues with their oil lines coming off while running and burning down the motor. Lots of Yammie guys just pre-mixed and got rid of the oil pump. Stay away from the Kawasaki Direct Injection system of the early 2000s I have a 2000 Kawasaki DI and have had nothing but problems. Granted it is fast up to 52mph but is finicky and the DI computer has a tendency to overheat if not monitored closely ($500+ to have rebuilt).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...